COTE DE TEXAS: The Urban Market – Sunday, November 2!!

The Urban Market – Sunday, November 2!!

 

Snap14 

What has become an antique shopping tradition in Houston  -  The Urban Market – is scheduled to be held this Sunday, November 2, 2008.   Doors will open at 9am until 5 pm.  For early birds – the parking area, only, will open at 8:15 am.  The location is new this year.

 

Snap10

 

Be sure to make note of the new address for The Urban Market:

The Knights of Columbus Hall & Fields  -  in the Heights.

607 E. Witney Drive  -

Directions:    I-45 North, Exit Airline, Left on Airline, Right on Whitney

 

ss

 

Recently, Jackie Sharbrough purchased The Urban Market and this Sunday will be her first market day as the new owner!   Good luck Jackie, it’s going to be great, as usual.   The only thing that has changed under Jackie’s direction is the location.  Jackie has worked hard to get all the same dealers and even some new ones for the market.  There are always lots of bargains to be had, so be sure to get there early.  Jackie also wants to remind everyone that Saturday night is when we change our clocks back from Daylight Savings Time, so don’t forget to set your clocks back one hour before you go to bed!!!   Jackie also wants everyone to know that the Knights of Columbus will be serving BBQ Sunday.  Tickets are $5 at the gate and $3 after 1:oo pm.  Children are free.  My favorite delivery company, Crowded House, will be on site!

 

 

image

 

 

The list of antique dealers confirmed to be at the Urban Market this Sunday is long and Cote de Texas readers will recognize a few names that will be selling their wares:    Sally Wheat, The Fabulous Flea, Vieux Interiors,  Carolyn Westbrook Home, and Found For The Home are just some of the dealers that should sound familiar.  For the entire list of dealers and more information, go to www.theurbanmarkethouston.com.

 

 

Snap13

 

The weather is supposed to be wonderful this weekend – s0 if you love antiques you should definitely stop by and check it out!  And be sure to
“HI” to Jackie, Sally Wheat, The Fab Flea and Vieux Interiors for me!!!

 

baa

 

All photos are from past Urban Markets.   The map to Knights of Columbus – Heights:

 

image

35 comments :

  1. I wanna go...I wanna go (whining and cryin')

    ReplyDelete
  2. The vendors sound wonderful. N.C. sure is a long way from Texas! Do you hear me kicking and screaming?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for getting the word out, Joni!
    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I long to go! I NEED some of that stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! I never knew about this and wouldn't you know, I have an engagement and cannot possibly be there before closing. But my experience with these things is get there EARLY or not at all. :) The good stuff always is bought within the first 30-45 minutes...

    Perhaps next year...sigh...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how fun. I wish I lived in Texas! I want to fly out and hitch a ride with you Joni. I'm sure you would it make it a blast. I hope you find lots of great goodies. We need something like this in NY!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoy!! I can't wait to hear all about it. I wish I lived nearby. I would have love to have gone.
    Happy Halloween too!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That looks like a fabulous market. It's once a year? Hmmm... Perhaps next year. I'll have to put it on my list along with the April Round Top and Marburger. So much to do and so little money. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay, I love going...thanks for the reminder!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just had to say that I laughed out loud at the comment about you being a OLDER woman and that your blog would not be liked by normal blog readers... I love your blog and because of yours and a few others I have been thinking about jumping aboard the blogging train. Something I did not think I would ever do. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Boy, I'd love to hit that Urban Market! My father had those same silver wolf head jiggers behind his bar! That's so funny.

    Joni, I love your blog, I've been sneaking over here for a while and you are amazing. I loved your interview with Artie, I learned a lot and more about you. Thanks for doing that.

    =) Isa

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG! I wanna be THERE Sunday!! Looks like it's going to be a huge success. I can't wait to see what you buy Joni! :).. The vendors sound great.. Wish we had something similar here... Bon Weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG! I wanna be THERE Sunday!! Looks like it's going to be a huge success. I can't wait to see what you buy Joni! :).. The vendors sound great.. Wish we had something similar here... Bon Weekend!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Thank you Joni for your great blog on The Urban Market Houston this Sunday! It will be an extraordinary day with lots of great deals by the top dealers and decorators in Houston! And it's 3 times a year... 2009 markets are February 15, May 17, November 8.
    Jackie Sharbrough

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joni, thanks for always informing us of the "musts" of Houston. You are SO generous in so many ways.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Wowza, I can't wait to go!
    Super!

    ReplyDelete
  17. JONI, SInce I "found" you, I've "read you" alot recently, & keep coming back for more!!! Am thrilled you share all this with others (I'm lucky enough just to send an E-mail without "breaking" the computer!!!) Those silver mugs w/ horn handles???? To-die-for, rustically elegant ~~~ OH, how I WISH I could just pop on over to buy them all up!!! Like "Ahhhhnold", I willll be baccckkk!!!!... Smiles n' thanks again, Linda in AZ(RMS's "Mom of a German Shorthair")~~~

    ReplyDelete
  18. By way of 'Artie' I am a newcomer to your Blog. Your home is delectable and I enjoyed your informative interview.

    What treasures are posted here. Unfortunately not only do I live in the wrong State, I also live in the wrong Country....smiles. The Urban Market sounds like a wonderful place. Wishing you success in your hunt. -Brenda-

    ReplyDelete
  19. Joni, this market has to be the most dangerous place for the pocket book. Good thing I live in the NW but I am sure that my mother whose decorating flair was unerringly stunning will be there in spirit ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Joni, I wish I could be there! We are having beautiful weather here in KC today once the fog lifts. I have just finished my latest painting, "Grandeur", 48 x 36, I hope you like it!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Oh, I'm so jealous!
    I wish I could be there.
    I will make a plan to attend next year.
    Thank you for sharing.

    xo
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  22. Oh this looks like my kind of good time. If you go I shall look forward to the photos of your finds.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hi Cote de Texas,

    Just a quick note to let you know that I posted your tip on this Urban Market on my blogsite!

    More importantly I wanted to tell you that I wrote in this blog, "If I were to give a divalicious award for what The Antiques Diva™ considers to be the Best Blog in The Universe - Cote de Texas would be the bright and shining winner!"

    Your blog is total eye candy! Adore it!

    The Antiques Diva

    ReplyDelete
  24. I just join the antiques diva to congratulate you for your excellent blog.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Oh! the love of Antiques, wish had not promised to not buy any more this year.
    dido

    ReplyDelete
  26. What fun! Sad to miss it :(... do they have this often or is this once a year type of thing?

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm going to be in Houston the following weekend for a wedding & will have time for one shopping stop...only one b/c I take a loooong time. Any suggestions? I'll be staying at the St.Regis.
    Thanks!! I can't wait to visit from Chicago!!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Thanks so much for this tip! My mother and I went this Sunday and the weather was fantastic! We both made a couple of great finds!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh so MAD! I did not see this post until too late. I would have gone!!!! Is it once a year? or more often?

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  30. Melissa: I would say go to Indulge - and then right behind it - go to Thompson Hanson nursery - inside and eat lunch there. and if you have a minute or two = go down the street to 2620 Joanel.

    ReplyDelete
  31. Looking good these days, Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Melissa: I would say go to Indulge - and then right behind it - go to Thompson Hanson nursery - inside and eat lunch there. and if you have a minute or two = go down the street to 2620 Joanel.

    ReplyDelete
  33. Oh this looks like so much fun! I'm just sick that I can't be there!

    ReplyDelete