COTE DE TEXAS: Cote de Texas: Updates and Thank-Yous!

Cote de Texas: Updates and Thank-Yous!

 

image

The first piece of business today – we have Week Four of The Skirted Roundtable up on the blog here.    Wow – hard to believe it’s already been four weeks!  Time flies when you are having a blast.   The three of us have loved yakking it up and we hope you have enjoyed listening to us.   We feel truly grateful for your listening – we know you all have busy lives and it does take a certain amount of commitment to tune in, so thank you for your continued support.   The first topic this week  – Paint and Colors - is up now, while the second topic – Advertising On Blogs - will be available in the next day or two.

 

 

 

099

The second piece of business today - I’ve said it before, blogging has brought so many wonderful friendships – both real and virtual – into my life, something I never anticipated would be a such a large and fulfilling part of the process.  I have met so many nice, interesting and selfless people through this blog and the experience has taught me much about humanity:  people are genuinely kind and giving.   Yesterday is a perfect example of this:    I came home to an unexpected gift, via Fed Ex, from a fellow blogger, the artist Fifi Flowers.   I am so overwhelmed by her gesture – two art pieces created especially for me, and without my even asking her do so!  A kinder act, I can’t imagine. 

 

 

 

  image

The first piece is familiar to readers, Fifi  - inspired by a Cote de Texas story of a shopping trip to an antique store - created this charming painting. 

 

 

image

And – enclosed in the package was a real surprise – Fifi’s interpretation of the cover of  Houston House and Home with my two dogs – Sammie Jo and Georgie!!!   Isn’t this the absolute cutest!??!!!!

 

Thank you Fifi from the bottom of my heart!    Your generosity truly overwhelmed me.     I am so thrilled you did this and can’t wait to get them framed and hung.  Thank you, again, my friend.    To see more of Fifi Flower’s work, please visit her Etsy shop here and her blog here.    You can purchase paintings already created or, if you prefer, Fifi does commissions, specializing in pet portraits, interiors, and vacation memories. 

 

 

image

 

And finally today, for Houstonians – this weekend, Sunday May 17, is the return of the great outdoors show – The Urban Market - the best antique shopping venue in Houston.   The list of dealers keeps getting better with each show:   this Sunday, friends of Cote de Texas with booths include: 

Antiques & Interiors on Dunlavy with Mona Dees,   Carolyn Westbrook Home,   Empress of the Eye - Jane Schott,  Ginger Barber,  Janet Wiebe from Austin!, Maison Maison, The Gray Door, and extra special Cote de Texas favorites – Sally Wheat and The Fabulous Flea,  along with two of my favorite Houston bloggers  – Carolina Saunders (Carolina Eclectic) and Paloma Contreras (La Dolce Vita) plus tons and tons of other dealers.  This show promises to be a not-to-be-missed event!!!

 

image Photos from a past Urban Market.

 

 

image And if you are in the market for a dog, Golden Beginnings Golden Retriever Rescue will be there too!!   AWWWWW.

 

 

image

Go to the web site for all the information:  www.theurbanmarkethouston.com

49 comments :

  1. What a sweetie and a talent FiFi is.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so cool! Warms my heart to see random acts of kindness...and so personal too. ..... I sure wished I lived in Houston so I could go to that market...dang!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like a great time in Houston!
    Also, I am loving the updated version of the "Pink" house.
    Thanks Joni! It is always a great read.
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  4. love your puppies Joni - what a clever sweet girl is Fifi, xv.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a blessing to receive such thoughtful and kind gifts from Fifi. She is really such a lovely person. Hugs, Marty

    ReplyDelete
  6. *** FIRST: Toooo thoughtful, and so generous, of Fabulous Fifi ~ Wow!!!

    SECOND: Will you be picking me up at the airport or as you sending a limo???

    Thanks! Wish I WERE going to this!
    Linda *

    ReplyDelete
  7. (Make that "ARE" <...you sending a limo?>~~~ 'scuse me! Am just so excited I can't type! Smiles!~)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Joni, I'm LOVING the round table podcasts. It's fun to hear everyone's voices and to think about your collective ideas. I'm so glad you're taking the time to participate!

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete
  9. Someone's photos are getting better and better!

    ReplyDelete
  10. How sweet of Fifi....I especially love the one with your pooches :o) I listened to your Skirted Roundtable show today and found it really interesting! It is so much fun to hear your voice. I wish I could go to the Urban Market...I am drooling over the pics you posted! One of these days I will make it to Texas.....
    ~Des

    ReplyDelete
  11. First... the podcasts are brilliant and funny! congrats to the three of you.

    Second... Fifi is a great talent and very generous. Wonderful pictures!

    Third... If I didn't have plans for Saturday, I'd shuttle down for the day for Urban Market.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Joni~
    What wonderful art/gifts!

    That market looks so inviting. What fantastic treasures.

    I remember some of those pictures from Suellen Gregory's work. Loved seeing some updated ones.
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, Joni, how nice! Fifi is wonderful, isn't she? I won one of her giveaways and am thrilled with my little piece of artwork!
    You are so very 'real' and nice and it all comes through your elegant blog. Congratulations on your blog love!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Isn't Fifi's work fabulous! I am the luck winner of a house portrait, by Fifi. I can't wait to see it. I know it will be beautiful!

    I've listened to all the Skirted Round Table entries and thoroughly enjoyed all! Keep up the great work, ladies!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Blog buddies are the BEST! Enjoy your goodies!

    ReplyDelete
  16. What a lovely gesture from Fifi! I agree, good signs of humanity come from blogging, and IT IS WONDERFUL!

    Can I just say that I'm beyond sick that I'll miss the Urban Market - by three days! I fly in to H-town on Wednesday - it's even in my old 'Hood' - Boo Hoo :(

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovin the Skirted Roundtable!

    I featured a couple of your rooms today :) They're beautiful...

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hope to see you on Sunday at the Urban Market!
    Hugs~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. Fifi is the best isn't she? Congrats on week 4 of the skirted roundtable...so much fun.
    I too would like to be picked up at the airport for a direct dropoff to the Urban Market and lunch with you and the others afterwards! Wouldn't that be a hoot?

    BTW....the dog in the last photo is a labrador, he looks just like mine that went to doggy heaven last year. Makes me miss him!

    hugs...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Sooooo happy you like your SURPRISE... ENJOY!!!
    As soon as I find a free moment this week.. I am going to pop over and catch up on your blog!
    ENJOY!
    Fifi

    ReplyDelete
  21. I'll take the lab :) How nice of Fifi...I love her style!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'll be at the Urban Market...should I look for you there? :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. Oh, how nice, love the art work, it has heart and charm, such a gesture...And I wish I could browse the Houston market!!!
    Today I had a chuckle thinking about you and the Roundtable... I 've been to IKEA and, well let's just say I am not going back soon...I posted a little something on my expirience, the sofas were a sad affair!
    I am sure I'll find something on a budget elsewhere!
    I am listening in today , can't wait.

    Love - Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hey Joni, I listened to the Photography discussion but didn't see any other Roundtables on iTunes a couple days ago. Maybe I need to look again. I loved hearing your voice and so enjoyed the podcast! You are so funny and witty and delightful! Then my iPod died tonight, so I will have to return it and get back to my podcasts asap.

    Love ya, Terri xo

    ReplyDelete
  25. scoot over Linda, make room in the limo...I am coming too! (i wish) I am so tempted to hop on SWA and come!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely gesture of Fifi to send you such a personalized gift. They are beautiful to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I just listened to the Skirted Roundtable discussion on selecting paint colors!! What about GRAY?! So hard to select a good gray.

    What great advice and tips! I love it and will check the backlog I've missed so far.

    That looks like the best flea market; I wish we had one here.

    ReplyDelete
  28. A great market! I love the booths you pictured. What a pleasant surprise to come home to.....the art is delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Beautiful work she does! I love those cards, so colourful and creative! So many talented bloggers we know!

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love the photos Fifi did! Beautiful!!! I am so glad I live in Houston!!!! Thank you so much for information about The Urban Market! I've never been and we are currently for some pieces of furniture for our house! I can't wait...I hope I run into you and have a chance to meet you!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I've definitely found the same thing in the blogging community as well. I think design bloggers are really some of the most lovely people there are, including you missy! Keep up the gorgeous blogging!
    xo Katherine aka. Urban Flea :)
    www.urbanfleadesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  32. I do follow and enjoy Fifi, I was even a guest and have an article there on Paris, with some of my B&W pictures. Love the skirted round table and looking forward to listen to the latest. Ciao,
    Albarosa

    ReplyDelete
  33. Ummm ... . Urban Market looks like a little slice of heaven!
    You Houston girls have ALL
    the fun --- -

    Judith

    ReplyDelete
  34. Urban market looks fun! Wish we could be there!

    Eddie + Jaithan

    ReplyDelete
  35. Pssst... That's not a Golden Retriever that's a Labrador Retriever. Ever so cute still, though!

    Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  36. I love reading your blog and now listening to what you three have to say- its very entertaining and fun!!

    I wish I lived closer because I'd totally be hittin up that market- looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  37. I am a native Houston gal currently living in western PA. I just discovered your blog and LOVE it!

    Makes me homesick, though.

    jas

    ReplyDelete
  38. Soo sweet!

    Hey - that urban market makes my waller shutter! ha ha..

    ReplyDelete
  39. Aww, how sweet! The piece with your pups is adorable. And I am so excited for my first Urban Market!

    ReplyDelete
  40. those art pieces from fifi are just darling... and all I have to say Joni is this... what goes around comes around... all of the love and gifts you give your readers comes right back to you.... and its those small gestures that just gives us that zip in our step!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Really find the 'skirted round table' so entertaining & really informational. I adore Fifi's work & the work she did for you is exceptional. Last, being newer to Houston was not aware of the Urban Market until today. I want to go, but should be studying. Ahh..what the heck. Who needs to be smarter when they can shop? Best of luck this weekend (:
    Deb out in Katy

    ReplyDelete
  42. Always have admired Fifi's talent and artistic work. So very thoughtful of her.

    (I think Lily may be correct, and the dog is a Golden LAB.)

    ReplyDelete
  43. I've really enjoyed listening to the Skirted Round Table thus far. Looking forward to the paint one.

    Man now I wish I were in Houston this weekend. Looks like The Urban Market will be so much fun.

    Christina

    ReplyDelete
  44. Wish I could get to Houston! A little far from here though ...

    ReplyDelete
  45. Neat, Joni! Love Fifi's paintings of your precious dogs and the shopping adventure, and I wish I were close enough to Houston to take advantage of wonderful antique markets!

    XO,

    Sheila... congrats for your cover on that mag! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  46. Joni!! I'm finally back online & have missed reading so much!!! I'll have to get a good bowl of soup & sit down to read everything I missed!!! xoxo,
    lauren

    ReplyDelete
  47. Joni,

    Sorry I missed you as well. Hopefully we will meet if there is ever another blogger round-up!

    Sincerely,
    Sarah Danielle

    ReplyDelete


  48. Hello!

    I definitely think that this should be well thought out and done in a smart way, it is important to get out there and market your business.

    This is a great information and examples, thanks for sharing!

    beds

    ReplyDelete