COTE DE TEXAS: The Wheats, The Stalking Continues – Part II

The Wheats, The Stalking Continues – Part II

 image

Sally Wheat lets me back inside!

 

One of the most popular stories on my blog has been “Stalking the Wheats” where last year I wrote about a beautiful house that I stalked on my daily Starbucks route.   The story of this house, a mixture of Belgian styling with lots of trendy pops, was a huge hit with everyone.   Their gray kitchen in particular was admired.  Even today, I still get emails asking for the color of Sally’s cabinets (Benjamin  Moore’s Fieldstone.)      The Wheats’ house did not go unnoticed by people in the media either.   Several magazine scouts that read my blog took an immediate interest in the house and finally  -  it was approved for a photo shoot with Country Home magazine.   As we all know, that magazine folded, just shortly before the photographs were to be taken.   But, all was not lost.   The editor of Houston House and Home, the top local design magazine here, contacted me about photographing the house - which  Sally very excitedly agreed to.  The photo shoot was set for earlier this summer.  The only thing  that was particularly nerve wracking about the entire shoot was Linda Barth, the editor, had asked me to write the cover story!   YIKES!    She promised it would be easy – she wanted a similar story to the original “Stalking the Wheats” – and so I agreed.    Most exciting of all, I would actually get paid for writing the story, which is a first – to be sure!  Everyone knows blogging is truly a labor of love, we don’t get reimbursed by some big blogging boss out in cyberspace.

The Houston House and Home photo shoot happened over a month ago.  I had not been back inside the Wheats’ house since the first story, and I was very pleasantly surprised at all the wonderful changes that have taken place.  Sally, like all interior designers, isn’t one to sit by and let her house just “be.”  It’s constantly in flux as pieces go in and out and from room to room.  The biggest change was in the living room; oh, I almost gasped when I saw it – it was so beautiful.    It’s been pure torture to have all these wonderful photographs that I took that day and not to be able to show them, but we (Sally, Linda and I) decided it would be better to have my new pictures timed to come out at the same time that the magazine issue came out.    The Houston House and Home with Sally Wheat’s house on the cover arrived in the stores this week, so, today – here are my updated pictures of the house!     The magazine is online – if you don’t live in Houston, you’ll still be able to read the story.   And for fun, be sure to read my original story here to see what changes Sally has made since we first visited in April of 2008.

 

image  The evergreen wisteria has really grown since last year, but all in all the exterior was same, except for different pots at the front door.

 

 

image

The front door is dark brown planked wood with small sconces flanking it.   Above is the lantern from Chateau Domingue.

 

 

image

Sally and I are very different in that she doesn’t like any lights on in her house during the day!  I am the complete opposite – I love all my chandeliers blazing all day long and I keep my sconces on 24/7 (after years of fighting with Mr. Slipper Socks Man over this!)   Here, I turned on the lantern and the dining room fixture.    She really doesn’t like them on – not for electricity issues – she just thinks the house looks better in natural light only.   A thought:  do you?  Which you do like, lights on during the day or off?   

 

 

image

The biggest change in the dining room was the breakfront – it was formerly in the living room.  The mirror that was previously where the breakfront is now moved to the living room!     Sally had the dining table custom made to  match one she had seen in World of Interiors magazine.  Os de Mouton chairs are slipcovered in a muted damask.   The curtains, from Indulge in Houston,  are very breezy and are unlined linen with top ties. 

 

image Another new addition to the dining room is the large cross made out of dried leaves.  I love her wooden Italian chandelier and  her choice of accessories for the table.

 

 

image One small wall in the dining room is completely filled with this set of botanicals. 

 

 

image

Here you can really fully see the chandelier.    The dining room is to the right of the front door, so now, we’ll go the living room at the left of the front door.

 

image Facing the front door, this vignette is between the living room and dining room and it shows Sally’s style – a mixture of antique and modern.

 

 

image BEFORE:  The living room had four arm chairs surrounding a small Italian table.  The breakfront now in the dining room was in this room last year.  At the time, Sally still hadn’t purchased her seagrass – it was on the way.  

 

image

BEFORE:  Against the back wall of the living room was this magnificent screen from Thompson Hansen.  When I was stalking the Wheats, I could see this screen from my car, and it used to really make me want to go inside and see the rest of the house!

 

 

image TODAY:  C’est magnifique!    What a change!   I gasped when I first saw this room – it is just beautiful.  Sally moved the screen (and removed some extra panels from it) behind an antique gilt framed French settee.  She added a linen skirted table and a seagrass rug is layered with a white calf skin on top.  Two vintage chairs that are not a pair are covered in Kelly Wearstler’s Imperial Trellis.   This setting made the cover of Houston House and Home.

 

 

image

On the right wall is the large mirror that was once in the dining room.  It is now flanked by two antique sconces. 

 

 

image

Perfect perch for the pooch!

 

 

image

I love the way the room is reflected in this shot.   I hate to leave here!  It’s so pretty!

 

image Walking down the center hall to the family room/kitchen, you pass the stairs on the left.

 

image

Here we pass the iron stairs that were painted to resemble pewter – next is the family room.  This picture is from last year - I forgot to take one of the stairs this time!

 

 

image The family room – all lit up for the photo shoot.  I think the candles look so pretty.   This room is much the same as it was last year, just the mantlescape has changed and the coffee table accessories – I actually like both much better now.

 

 

image

The two matching sofas are slipped in linen, long and lean – Belgian style.  There are two armchairs and a cow hide rug underneath. 

 

 

 

image

The mantle now has old books – without covers, the trendiest of the trendy, and lilac roses.  I think this looks so beautiful!  The light above was driving Sally crazy – she couldn’t wait to turn it out.  I happen to like it on myself – too funny.   Notice moi in the mirror.   hehe

 

 

image

Love the coffee table – Sally makes the driftwood art herself with wood she collects at her beach house on Boliver.   She sells the items at her antique booth at Antiques and Interiors on Dunlavy here. 

 

 

image

The TV hides behind one of the antique shutters Sally bought and had repainted.  Originally the house plans called for open shelving here which Sally had changed before the house was completed.    The shutters are now the beautiful focal point in the family room. 

 

 

 

image

Behind the sofa on the left are the stairs and the portrait wall – filled with anonymous women – several of whom actually resemble the dark haired Sally!   The collection of portraits has grown over the past year. 

 

 

image

A wide view of the family room – on the very left is the kitchen and on the very right, under the stairs, is the computer office hideaway.   In the hallway by the front door are things being moved around for the photoshoot.    Madeline Weinrib pillows on the chairs.

 

 

image

To the right of the family room is the breakfast room and then the kitchen.   The doorway leads to the back stairs which go to the playroom.

 

 

image

Closeup of the vignette between the family room and the breakfast room.

 

 

imageThe back stairs up to the playroom.  I really like this carpet.    Sally loves trends as much as I do – can you count the trends in this picture? 

 

 

imageBEFORE:   The breakfast room as it was – French host chairs and an antique chandelier. 

 

 

image

AFTER:  Everything has changed except the Tolix side chairs – the zinc table is new as are the Pantone chairs.  The lighting fixture was replaced with something more modern from Indulge Maison Decor.  Sally loves to mix the new with old, the modern with the antique, the industrial chic with the Belgian chic. 

 

image

Leading into Sally’s kitchen  - the plate wall over the marble buffet is new since last year’s visit.  

 

 

image

Sally’s kitchen was such a hit last year – everyone loved it!  The gray cabinet paint color is Fieldstone by Benjamin Moore.  The lighting fixtures came from Brown in Houston – aren’t they fabulous?

 

 

image Sally’s cabinets are open and show off her white dishes and crystal.

 

 

image

I love her casement window and the Shaws sink with the polished nickel faucet.   Love her cabinetry and hardware too.   Let’s go upstairs now.

 

 

image BEFORE:  Sally’s guest room before – actually this color is so “in” right now – I’m almost surprised she changed it all out.  But she did. 

 

 

image AFTER:  The new guest room is all black and red – with a vintage suzani the focal point.  I love the hanging lanterns!  Upstairs is all wall-to-wall seagrass, my favorite.

 

 

image

Cute side table vignette in the guest room.

 

 

image

Since last year, Sally has added some new touches to her daughter’s room, like the Madeline Weinrib rug.

 

 

image

Sara’s vintage chairs wears a Rubie Green fabric, isn’t it the cutest?   Sally loves to buy vintage chairs and redo them with paint and fabric.

 

 

image

The master bedroom now has two vintage chairs, slipped in white, in front of a large antique mirror. 

 

 

 

image

Tired puppies from the long day of photoshooting.  Large tufted headboard and antique bench. 

 

 

 

image

Against the windows on the right side of the master bedroom is a large white desk and a ghost chair.   Unlined linen curtains.  For pictures of her bathroom, see the photos from last year. 

 

 

imageAll of Sally’s backyard furniture was damaged in Hurricane Ike, so the back patio is completely new this year! 

 

 

image

What a photo shoot looks like – the stylist checks the shot while the photographer waits patiently nearby for the OK!!   The editor is nowhere in site – probably out looking for the sun.  The angle of the sun is important – how the light comes through certain windows can make or break a shot.  They were excited to get sunrays in the cover shot of the living room below:

 

 

image

The afternoon sunlight was streaming through the left windows in the cover shot.  Really, this is just an excuse to show this picture one more time!!!!!

 

To read last year’s Stalking the Wheats, go here.   And to read the story about Sally’s house in Houston House and Home online, go here.   If you live in Houston, be sure to pick up the magazine this month.    And if you would like to learn more about moi,  read the Editor’s Note – on page 8 – online too.    Linda Barth has always been extremely nice to me and I want to sincerely thank her so much for her support and confidence in this little blogger.    And a huge thank you to Sally Wheat for all your hospitality and friendship!

114 comments :

  1. There is nothing to fault in this entire house...it is simple design perfection! Thanks for sharing! Happy weekend. Tracey & Hayley xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations, Joni, on being published, again! This house really is beautiful. I love all the antique doors and iron work mixed with the soft linens and sea grass. Awesome.

    - Alixe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joni,
    This is a beautiful house !
    Yes I can see some belgian elements of style !!

    I have to say that I really like following your blog!

    Thanks for all the amazing posts,

    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can see why you stalked so - and lovely that Mrs. Wheat is welcoming towards stalking - even gives tours! Really, you cannot ask for better victims...

    ReplyDelete
  5. This house has so much soul! You really get a sense for Sally's wit and personality...and the amount of love poured into this home! I love love love all the new additions. Sally, if you ever grow tired of the Anthro dog silkscreen :)

    GORGEOUS home and Congrats on the write up, Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Joni, really enjoyed the post. The pooch perch had me in stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is positively stunning! You should be so proud. Sally's home is stunning and it is your superb eye that took notice and made this happen. The new Living Room is to die for---the way the linen on the skirted table falls...scrumptious! Thank you for sharing with us all. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love it when you go stalking ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. the living room transformation is wonderful... keep on girl.. do you ever sleep>?????

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my...I ate that up with a spoon!

    I adore her mix of modern and industrial with the old and slipcovered. Truly magical! My fave room is the family room...and the kitchen...and her daughters room...and...

    Oy.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Joni, The home, your words & photos are perfect.

    BUT.

    Why is the front door mat out of scale?

    Garden & Be Well, XO Tara

    AKA Puppet Barbuda, Garden Critic

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magnifique and Bravo! You and Sally Wheat have made my day with this delcious "eye candy"!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a lovely,lovely home. And Joni, admit it, you never rest! I remember your previous post on the Wheats and it is amazing how much you have produced since then. I stand in awe.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joni!!!! Just read the article and your writing is superb! Awesome job and congrats to you. So so exciting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. The house is amazing. But....I did notice one thing and only because you had blogged on it earlier. The seagreass rug in the living room is too close to the wall on one side. It appears to be bound and there is very little floor space showing.

    ReplyDelete
  16. It was a thrill to revisit this beautiful home. Even though I am a self-professed floor plan idiot (I can never figure them out), I completely understood how this house flowed because of your great explanations and pictures (plus, I have a friend in West U with this exact floor plan!).

    The new living room is absolutely beautiful. I love it when people pare down to the essentials - it makes each and every item really shine. I also love the mirror that she placed against the wall; it gives the illusion of an opening or a door there.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Virginia from TexasAugust 7, 2009 at 8:14 AM

    Oh my Joni (and Sally!)...stalkers beget friends and WE get a fantastic article and a personal tour. Wow!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Fabulous article Joni and congrats!!! I'm MAD for the concentric circles on the back fence!!! What is growing on them? Did Sally's husband do this or Thompson Hanson?

    ReplyDelete
  19. There is no one more deserving of this than you Joni. I actually teared up reading this post. I am so so happy for you. Love LP xo

    ReplyDelete
  20. Congrats on the article Joni! And, my vote is lights off! Natural light is so much nicer!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joni,
    I am so excited for you, I told you that you should be writing professionally!!! Your post is awesome! Sally thank you for sharing your lovely home again!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Ironically it was Sally Wheat's house that brought me to Cote de Texas. So for me it was doubly fun! Sally's homes are SO beautiful I really enjoy seeing them here and I can't wait to read your article. I'm sure it's ful of excellent writing just like your blog posts. I'm thrilled for you that you've gotten a writing job, you deserve it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. YEAHHHHHHHHHH SALLY WHEAT!!!!!!!! The plates on the wall in the kitchen might be my most favorite new addition!!! Love seeing the dogs in the shots too!!! Thanks for sharing Joni! (And Sally!!)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Joni -
    I LOVE it when you stalk people!!!!! So many changes since last year and it's a nice mix of trendy prints with the quintessential "Houston" look. LOVE it - esp the teenage daughters room and the master. TDF. And now I'm sold on Fieldstone. What a PERFECT cabinet color.
    Have a wonderful weekend and relax from all this hard, hard stalker's work. :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. BTW-Do you know the wall color? It seems like she uses the same one throughout and it's so calming.
    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Lovely home! But I believe that the dog in the chair in the living room is my favorite shot -- and would have been a wonderful cover shot!! Just teasing! Great story too -- lots of information -- always good!

    Jan at Rosemary Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  27. That's a great look in the living room with the vintage chairs covered in KWID fabric mixed with the antique settee--unique, fresh and vibrant. Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  28. Congrats too on the article! I was so caught up in the photos, I missed that very important detail. Best wishes, Deborah

    ReplyDelete
  29. Wow, this is amazing. The city will have to post security in front of her house for a while- the stalkings will increase tenfold! The refreshed room with the newly modified 3 panel screen and sette is stunning. The contrast (new vs. old, light vs. dark, sleek industrial vs. patinated) throughout the whole house adds the perfect dose of dynamic to a very soothing palette. Love it.

    Liz in Upstate NY

    ReplyDelete
  30. Congratulations, Joni!

    I love everything about this beautiful home!

    I'm going over to have a look at the online article. I know I'm going to enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Congrats Joni! I picked up Houston House & Home earlier this week. When I saw Belgian Style in West U on the cover I immediately thought of you and had a feeling that you had something to do with it. I opened it right away and was delighted that you wrote the cover story. Great article and as always an incredible and inspirational post. Thanks for doing what you do!

    ReplyDelete
  32. If I still lived in West U, I'd be staliking the Wheats! Love the house. Thank you Joni for posting and to Sally for sharing her home.

    ReplyDelete
  33. This is my kind of house! The old and the new; trendy and traditional; paintings, old surfaces and new surfaces; slips and tailored. Thanks so much for this great stalk!

    ReplyDelete
  34. You must have been a great guest the first time Joni!! I love the photos...just stunning, and of course, her natural asthetic appeals to me especially!!!

    You are the best,
    Thanks for the tour! I loved every minute of it!

    Best,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  35. Joni --

    First, congrats! So much to love here. Just to point out a detail, I adored that portrait of the bed in the green bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  36. What a beautiful home! Thanks for the peak inside :)

    ReplyDelete
  37. Okay, you've done it again--another post that makes me want to take a torch to my house and start over.

    Congratulations on being published (and paid)! And, thank you for sharing this lovely and oh-so-inspiring home with us again.

    As far as lights on/off--I'm a "lights on" girl, which frequently leads to, ahem, "discussions" about "our wasteful habits around here." Oh well....

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  38. I loved the house, thanks so much for sharing. I'll weigh in on the lights on or off during the day. For me it totally depends; if there is plenty of natural light, I would rather not have them on. If it is a cold or dark and dreary day, then I turn on the lamps so that it is more cheerful. One thing I noticed in the pictures ith lights on, is there is a reflection in the glass of pictures that is a distraction to me. To each his own. I thought it was hilarous that Sally couldn't wait to get the lights out after you turned them on. Keep up the good work Joni. You are always a delight.

    ReplyDelete
  39. I admire the consistency of her eye and I can see why so many people want the kitchen paint colour. It's lovely. The back patio....perfect!
    And, of course, those dogs look so at home!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Congratulations to you and Sally both, Joni! You are both so, so , so talented! Sally's house just keeps getting better and better. I will be sure to pick up a copy today!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Hi Joni! Oh, congratulations on your article about this lovely house! I'll have to go online and read and see it!
    Now, please please don't slap me...I was just wondering. I'm thinking the draperies in the dining room and master bedroom are probably linen? Well, so many in Blogland have been using drop cloths for their windows and they look just like these. I'm sure Mrs. Wheat isn't using drop cloths! :)
    This was great!
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  42. I'm with Sally! All natural light and (in general) little to no overhead lighting. I like layered lamp/ ambient lighting.

    Plate wall and daughter's room is fabulous.

    House has lots of personality and soul. Too often monochromatic looks tend to loose personality... she has some to spare!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Holy cow, now look whose stalking who! I had to re-read this amazing feature again and I am so sorry I didn't congratulate you, Joni!!! How exciting!! My biggest, heartfelt congratulations!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. Congrats to you Joni! Your stroy about Sally's home in HH&H was fab. Her Living room would be hard to leave. On Lights on or off, I love the natural light that I get in my home, but if I have a dark spot somewhere, I will put on a lamp. I never use overhead lighting during the day, no matter what.

    ReplyDelete
  45. This is a lovely home. I really like the running theme of soft gray that ties it together. Very interesting accessories and combinations too!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Beautiful home! LoVe the shutters hiding the t.v. Great idea! Thanks for sharing. ~Cindy~

    ReplyDelete
  47. I didn't think I could love her house more! but I adore all every one of these 'updates' I hate, HATE lights on during the day. It's depressing and weird to me. Sorry Joni .

    I love that dog silohuette {sp?} in her daughter's room, I saw that at Anthro a few months ago and wanted it! Now she has me thinking about it again.

    btw, mrs. blandings has the carpet (on the steps) in her office. I love it. such a great classic.

    thanks for opening your home Sally!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Thanks for stalking these incredible houses for us! It saves the rest of us so much trouble...and we still get to experience them through your eyes. You did a fantastic job on the article, Joni. Love every part of this house...especially the tufted headboard and the patio (WOW!).

    ReplyDelete
  49. I forgot to cast my vote, I like natural light during the day if enough is coming in. I didn't care for the shadows on the ceiling with the lantern on. It is funny that everyone loved the plate wall, it was my least favorite, busy, I thought it took away from the calm soothing feeling in the kitchen! I wonder what everyones least favorite in my house would be? Maybe the ceiling fan in the family room? Does Sally have any ceiling fans?

    ReplyDelete
  50. Panton chairs, not PanTONE.

    Designed by Verner Panton.

    ReplyDelete
  51. These are simply stunning photographs of an exceptionally designed and decorated home!

    One big question...where can I find the bed linens in the daughter's room, specifically the LOVE pillowcases! I really NEED them!

    ReplyDelete
  52. If a blog comment could give a squealy ooh of approval, mine would :)

    Fabulous. And congratulations, dear Joni, on such a wonderful article! Well done.

    Her home is fantastic - perfectly eclectic. I love, too, how the exterior colors introduce you to what's going to be going on once you're inside :) I know that's on purpose.

    Not sure about the plate wall, yet. But, since that house has such gorgeous natural light, I would let it shine without the too warm incandescent light. The natural light is much cooler and complements Sally's color scheme better, I think.

    Thanks for all the fun, Joni. And thank you, Sally, for letting Joni share with us all!

    XO,
    Jacci

    ReplyDelete
  53. OMG this is sooo so great..even better this time..love the picture of the portrait wall and the trends back stair picture (keep calm and carry on is framed and on my kitchen counter right now..mynew theme;;) seriously, you are so amazing at this..totally brings joy..chased any baby blue right out of my house..thanks for sharing..i will have to track down a hard copy.love that little mag..

    ReplyDelete
  54. Wonderful post, Joni!! Thank you so much for stalking the Wheat's on our behalf. Can you possibly share the manufacturer of the fabulous stair carpet? Many thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  55. Stunning Joni - I musty go look at the magazine spread - and you wrote it? Holy cow, that is so awesome.

    What a wonderful thing, to have Sally's beautiful home featured, to have you documenting the house, to have the magazine world discover her and you. I love it all, love the convergence.

    Her house is exquisite. it seems busier this time, though. I think I like a little "less", but what impeccable taste she has. Such very lovely things, each so unique.

    I am dying to know what the fabric is on the little pillow in her master bedroom, one the white slipped chair. Also there appears to be a matching pattern on the pillow on the bed. Looks like a beige and cream and brown something...

    Can you ask what this is?! I must have it as it is the prefect pattern for my new guest room. Probably won't be able to source in Canada, but may be worth a try.

    Love this post and YOU! ; )

    xo Terri

    ReplyDelete
  56. I am in love with "The Wheat House"!!! I love everything! I vote for lights on... all day!!! if you have those beaUUtiful light fixtures, they should be on shining brightly!! or showing off! I love the modern (K. Wearstler) fabrice in the living room..it fights the room a bit, but adds such a kick! love the screen! The Pantone chairs mixed with the old french side chairs in the breakfast room..I die!! so much to study.. Sally really can "layer" it up, but in JUST the right way! Thanks Joni!! AGAIN for such an interesting, fun post!! Oh..LOVED the skirted round table this week! I guess my "Egg" post was right on time!

    ReplyDelete
  57. I remember the first post about this house. It is just great fun to be able to see the changes. Congratulations on your paid magazine job! Your fame continues to spread, and you so deserve that fame! Can't wait to read the article. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  58. Positively the most interesting home I've seen! Flawless (well, I do believe she needs a Mac - at least for styling purposes - no wires)

    I also particularly like the cross made of dried Magnolia leaves - I remember seeing a similar piece in a Heights Home Tour home a few years ago, and had forgotten about it until now. Lovely. Just lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  59. That Sally Wheat is one lucky lady! Great to see this house again. I have half of your original post saved in my files. Congrats to you too!

    ReplyDelete
  60. It's ridiculous how much I love this house. Seriously, just gorgeous! Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  61. Yeah, Joni, you continue to blow me away. Love her house, THRILLED you got to do the story. Been looking for the new HH&H and now will definitely find it tomorrow! My friends and I went on the Joni Bissonnet tour last Friday and had a great time even in a rare rainy Houston day. You did it again with this one. Please thank Sally for all of us.

    ReplyDelete
  62. I love how Sally's personality shines through in all the pictures. She has such great style. Thanks for sharing this with us! I have had this post up on my computer all day and can't quit looking at the pictures!
    Lauren

    ReplyDelete
  63. Joni....Sally....THANKS for the visit! I'm running to get my hands on a copy of Houston House and Home in the AM.

    CONGRATS, Joni on your writing job....I am so excited....Can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete
  64. What a gorgeous house! I love the white chairs with the tiny ruffles along the bottom! Great story!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Beautiful home! I think my favorite thing in the whole house is that HUGE mirror leaning against the wall...love that! :-)
    Susan

    ReplyDelete
  66. Congratulations Joni, your article is a joy to read (even though reading online with all those movements of my mouse...going right to go left...quite weird!)It is a beautiful house and you described so well. Thanks for keeping us informed, educated, entertained.

    ReplyDelete
  67. I like the lights off also, this house is so beauitful. My favorite thing is everything but , I do love the curb appeal, when you look up to the house. Congrats Joni, youre writting is the best! You tell a great story!....Julie in Holland

    ReplyDelete
  68. Joni~
    thanks for visiting...I'm honored. This home is beyond...love,love,love.

    ReplyDelete
  69. Joni,
    about the candles on my post on "Fino Lino" I am sure Lauren ships everything everywhere...and in case I will pass by Houston I will bring some with me!

    ReplyDelete
  70. Oh Joni, thanks for this post. I swear I've come back to your site a 100 times in the past day to look at this post all over again and (still enjoy it as much the 57th time as I did the first!)
    I am a lights off kind of girl...I just love natural light. Maybe if I had gorgeous light fixtures everywhere in my home I would feel differently??!!
    Ok, I MUST know where she got those huge white chairs in the outside shot. I know they are probably one-of-a-kind, uber-expensive, and totally out of my reach but they made my heart go pitter-patter.
    Keep up the GREAT work Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  71. I can hardly wait til you get back to your ole stalking self....are you stalking on your vacation....
    And please tell your friend, Sally Wheat that I think your meeting was merely the planets alignment and the stars fault. You people, all that talent, and "eye" for making a house a home.
    Enjoy your package at home....
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  72. All that beauty and in ONE house! I want to move right in - into that drop-dead gorgeous guest room! Thank you for being such a gifted stalker and sharing, too!
    Congrats on your write up, Joni!
    I'm going back to oogle over your photos once more ...
    xo Isa

    ReplyDelete
  73. So many beautiful elements here. love how there's a little of something for everyone. the shutters in the living room are devine. the balance of everything is in perfect sync.

    ReplyDelete
  74. This is exciting! Congrats on writing the cover story, Joni! Her house is so gorgeous. What a treat for us to get to see it again and all the changes she's made.

    ReplyDelete
  75. Joni, this home is absolutely gorgeous. I SO wish I had a home like this. Congratulations on the cover story!!!! All of your hard work that you put into your blog has really paid off for you and I'm so happy for you. Your blog inspires me to make mine better everyday!

    ReplyDelete
  76. What a lovely home and a tip-top in taste. Loved the use of overscale mirrors. Stalking school is really paying off....hahaha

    Have a great, great weekend.

    Alex

    ReplyDelete
  77. Very stalkworthy. The modern touches take it to another wonderful level. Congrats on the writing assignment ! Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  78. I just love this house and some of my favorite chandeliers in the world live here. I adore her nature inspired touches and her driftwood art work is fabulous. What a talented lady! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  79. Joni, So glad this house is back!!!Do you know who makes the damask on the dining chairs? Thanks.

    Angie

    ReplyDelete
  80. Hi Joni, I'm new to the blogworld and have just started reading your blog! I'm so glad to know I'm not the only person on the planet that stalks homes! :)

    This home is absolutely beautiful, I love the attention to details, and I think I'm going to go scouring SPI for driftwood!

    I'm putting in my vote for no lights during the day and lots of lamp light in the evenings. It's just homey and warm to me.

    Big sigh, loved it! Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  81. It's gorgeous, both before and after. Lovely post!

    ReplyDelete
  82. Always fun to see your features on them, love, love the house. And congrats on writing the story. You are more than capable!

    ReplyDelete
  83. Thank you for sharing this gorgeous home Joanie. It was a pleasure to take the tour.

    ReplyDelete
  84. Joni,

    I'm so thrilled not just to see this delicious interior again, but to see the changes too. But even more exciting to me is your being hired by Houston House and Home to write the article! How extraordinarily exciting for you and for those of us who follow you religiously. Huge kudos to you and to the magazine for having the insight to have you write the article. It just shows how you can turn something you love to do into an extension of your career. What a great inspiration you are to me!

    ~ victoria

    ReplyDelete
  85. Joni,
    What a fabulous house, and you got to write the cover story! How great is that, and of course you should, your blog is a magazine in itself!

    My opinion on lights during the day is they should be ON most definitely. Especially if one has a dark corner, like I said in one of my posts, I sometimes feel I have to give my clients permission to turn their lights on during the day! I love your comment about how you leave your chandeliers blazing! Joni, you rock!

    Thanks for a stunning post!
    Maria

    ReplyDelete
  86. Beautiful home and post. I like seeing the working photo. I love that dining room table.
    Thanks for all the eye candy.

    ReplyDelete
  87. Gasp! That has to be the most perfect house...ever!

    ReplyDelete
  88. Who needs Southern Accents? We have you JONI!!!!! great post, thank you and Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  89. I love the way you write and I love the house. Beautiful.
    Sorry to disagree with you, but I detest lights on in the daytime.

    ReplyDelete
  90. I LOVE everything about this house inside & out!

    ReplyDelete
  91. That Sally is one brave woman to let you in again;);)! This was so fun to see the house and it's subtle changes, and for a photo shoot! Congrats on being published- that is SO exciting!!

    I do the same exact thing.... the first thing I do in the morning is turn on lamps in the house! Always have. I think it makes a house feel lived in and cozy!! An unlit room looks sad and unloved to me. We have wonderful lighting- lamps that are made from antiques and I love seeing them on during the day.

    ReplyDelete
  92. Sally has a a beautiful home, and the safest stalker in the country! Lucky gal.

    ReplyDelete
  93. Just found your blog from Erika (urban design) I'm a designer in Atlanta but have turned artist!!! Love your site!!! I'm giving away a painting right now on my blog. One of my favs. Go there if you'd like to enter!!!
    www.kendallboggsfineart.blogspot.com
    Good luck!!!

    ReplyDelete
  94. Your article is so wonderfully written!

    ReplyDelete
  95. congrats on the article! I'm headed over to read it now.

    there is so much to say about the house, but I'm sure it has all already been said. I still love the kitchen, and it inspired me to take some of my upper cabinet doors off and paint my blah white cabinets gray. it's still a work in progress, but I love it so far.

    and I can really see that your new camera is making a difference when looking at the posts side-by-side. but more than that, the way you're composing pictures is just beautiful! I especially love the close-up of the lady portrait wall.

    one more thing, I love natural light in my house during the day. we don't get a ton, so I enjoy it while it lasts in the mornings. it also makes picture-taking a billion times easier!

    ReplyDelete
  96. Woo hoo! Good for you Joni!
    And I love each and every one of the Sally Wheat images! Gorgeous!
    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  97. sally, i adore your guest room! and the kitchen is to die for! joni, congratulations on penning the article. pam

    ReplyDelete
  98. Joni, how you got time for everything you do is beyond me. Do you ever sleep? But better for us - because you are SO inspirational and you have such good energy! What a lovely home! Since I love mixing old with new, I particularly drool when I see the portrait wall and the new breakfast room. And of course Kelly's Trellis fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  99. Joni,
    We loved having your words and design insights in our magazine and hope you'll do more stories for us. Thanks for drawing our attention to the Wheats' house through your incisive blog. The house is gorgeous, and Sally Wheat is so talented.
    Linda Barth
    Houston House & Home

    ReplyDelete
  100. Perfection. I love the new breakfast room and the new guest room the most, but it's all wonderful. Congrats on your print article.

    ReplyDelete
  101. You see those square wreathes on the front door? If you don't leave those poor Wheats alone, they are going to be GUNPORTS (in BM Fieldstone, of course) aiming at YOU.

    Seriously, It is nice to see the evolution of a home, with additions here and there. Love all the big jugs and cloches, and that great headboard in the master.

    ReplyDelete
  102. Without exception, This homes kitchen is beautiful. Very Inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  103. Hi Joni! Congratulations!!! What an amazing job and opportunity! I LOVE THIS PLACE!! I can not even fathom having the ability to put so many different textures, colors, and styles together and it come out looking like a dream come true!! I love the daughter's room with the cats sitting next to swooning soaring birds. I love the portraits on the wall of the family room. I could go on and on. Do you have thoughts on how in the world one could acheive a look like this?? It is so authentic and original, like a piece of art. Thanks again Joni and CONGRATS!! You deserve it!!
    joni in BigD

    ReplyDelete
  104. I love her master bedroom.

    Oh, lights off. It's funny how one can have such a strong opinion about that. I can't stand for the lights to be on during the day (unless it's raining).

    ReplyDelete
  105. This is gorgeous, Joni! Thanks for the tour. And congratulations on your story as well! Woo hoo!

    ReplyDelete
  106. We can see why you wanted to see inside this lovely home. Thank you for sharing it with all of us. Nice job on the writing of the article. The photos are wonderful. All of this is well done. Love the house. That gray kitchen is the best.

    Thank you, Thank you, Thank you to all involved.

    Dan and Deanna "Marketing Unscrambled"

    ReplyDelete
  107. wow- what a beautiful home! And thanks for the link to Rubie Green :)
    Xo Michelle.

    ReplyDelete
  108. This house is absolutely amazing. I love the hardwood floors and love the fact that they aren't covered by loads of rugs. My favorite view is looking from the family room down the entry hall. It is spectacular!

    ReplyDelete
  109. What a lovely home! The front doors and the portrait display are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  110. louis vuitton uk are diversified in various kinds, handbags, backpacks, portable bags, purses, wallets and pouches. All kinds are popular among the whole word people.louis vuitton Store Online Handbags can also bring great accuracy as well as practical applicability and fashionable.Have you ever dreamed of being as charming as Madonna? Have you ever thought of becoming an envy of all your friends? If so, come to louis vuitton outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  111. There certainly are a amount of methods to acquire affordable coach products at coach factory outlet,it could possibly the most effective options.the most vital cause may be the reality that you simply can purchase genuine coach products at there.It is believed that you will like the products on the coach factory online. There are spacious sizes and different colors, styles and so on.in the market you definitely can find various colorways that are designed in as well as the high quality that applied in. For most of you would like to come. So just come to our coach factory outlet online store to choose one.

    ReplyDelete
  112. I love the exterior as well as the interior! Can you share the exterior paint colors (base color of stucco and trim/shutters)? Thanks, Amy

    ReplyDelete