COTE DE TEXAS: Two Cuties in Houston

Two Cuties in Houston

Here are two really adorable houses for sale in River Oaks.    Although the houses themselves are typical for the neighborhood, their fabulous decor is what caught my eye.  As you all know, well decorated houses are a true rarity on real estate web sites, so anything that looks half-way decent is a plus.  These two houses are extra plus, IMO.  Their decor just speaks to me:  casual, warm, linen, antiques, seagrass, slips, lanterns, mirrors – all the design elements I love.   The first one has been for sale for a while so if you are from Houston and you stalk HAR, you’ve no doubt seen it.   Why is it still for sale?  Myself, I would buy it in a minute (furnished, of course!) and have trouble figuring  out why no one has.  I guess it’s the economy, stupid.    When looking at the two houses, try to imagine which one you would prefer to buy.   The first one is twice the size of the second and it’s kitchen is  nicer.   The second one’s backyard is a knockout.   Both are great family homes, though the second house would be a great empty-nester home too.   Both have great locations, inside one of Houston’s best neighborhoods. 

 

House #1

 

image

The first house was built in 1937 and has 4700+ sq. ft.   There’s a downstairs gameroom, along with formals, family room, and 4-5 bedrooms, 4 full and 2 half baths.  There are full living quarters with a kitchenette.  The ONLY drawback I can see is no garage, but still…come on, someone – buy this!!!!  It’s beautiful!   Look how cute the front is with the striped awning,  iron Juliet balconies and great landscaping.

 

 

image The real estate brochure says the house is “like a page out of Veranda Magazine” and it really is.  I love the textured, patterned runner on the stairs and the painted foyer floor.   There are antiques everywhere, like the gray painted trumeau on the left wall and the Mora clock further down the hall.   I apologize about the pictures, but the owner didn’t ask me to come take my own pictures – though I would LOVE to,  hint..hint.  HAR needs to post better photographs.

 

 

image

Totally updated – I really like the front door, how bright and open it is. 

 

 

image

The foyer divides the dining room and the living room.  I love the gray walls here – I would probably repaint the banister a little lighter, maybe a pewter color, but that’s just me. 

 

 

image

Love the way this is decorated with the soft blue and white stripe fabric on the chairs and the silky striped curtains.  Love it!  Love the custom cut seagrass.  Love all the dainty French chairs.  Does anyone know who the decorator was  - I’m dying to know.

 

 

image

Another view of the living room.    I love the animal print on the accent chair. Love the blue walls – you don’t see that much true blue lately, but it’s so fresh and calming and feminine.   The whole house has a wonderful feminine vibe to it which is why I like it, I’m sure.     You can glimpse the family room through here.

 

 

image Oooh.  gorgeous!  I love the soft silky check curtains and the architectural plaque.  Love the crystal chandelier.   Love the chairs!  To die for!   This is my favorite room in the house, crazy for it. 

 

 

image One more time.  Of course the seagrass is perfect throughout – 2 inches, custom cut, the only way it ever really looks right.   Apologies for the quality of the photos!  HAR – let the realtors put larger and better photos on your site!!!

 

 

image The dining room connects to the kitchen through the bar (seen next to the range).   Love the range hood and the lighting fixtures.  Love the painted cabinets.  The back splash is from Chateau Domingue in Houston.

 

 

 

image Looking towards the breakfast area and the family room.   I would probably put white marble on the counter instead of wood if I moved here.  Of course, there’s a farm sink.    Not sure what the shades are made of, but I really like the style.   And I would love to see the gray painted cabinet on the left.  It looks fabulous.

 

 

imageThe family room – love, love, love!    I really like the fabric colors here – its a bluish aqua.   I love the metal side table and the washed wood sofa table.  But that clock!  That clock!!  What a focal point!!!  I want that!!!! Tonight!!!  The lamps, with their square shades,  are great too.  OK, for everyone who hates white slipcovers – here is a great alternative to slips.   I wish I could tell if the sofa is a velvet or a twill.   Even without the slipcovers, this house definitely has that Houston look. 

 

 

imageLooking from the family room and kitchen into the foyer.   Love the way the arches are continued through the hall to soften the look and add an interesting architectural touch.

 

 

image I wish we could see the chairs flanking the fireplace – it looks like they might be covered in a Colefax and Fowler linen, hard to tell.  Love the check on the wing chair – that actually does look like a slipcover.  Oh well…I would have taken pictures of the chairs if they would have only asked me!!

 

 

 

image I THINK this is the game room which might be in the converted garage space, overlooking the courtyard, though I’m not positive.   I love the color scheme here – raspberry.  And I love the Brunschwig and Fils toile on the chairs.  Great lantern.  What a nice, large space. 

 

 

image The brick courtyard.  The family room is to the right.  I believe the pink room is to the left.  Another great lantern.  What a nice outdoor space.  Who needs a big backyard when you can have something so pretty? 

 

image Another great shade of gray-blue in the master bedroom.  More French furniture, Leontine linens, of course.  Layered needlepoint rug over the seagrass.  Very pretty. 

 

 

House #2

image

The second cute house is also in River Oaks and is about $500,000 less than House #1, but, it’s 1/2 the size with only 2300 sq. ft., 3 bedrooms, 2 1/2 baths, and again, no garage – just a carport.   BUT, add an additional 580 sq. ft. for a pool house with kitchen AND a pool.  Built, again, in 1937,  this house actually is option-pending. 

 

 

image

Nice curb appeal with landscaping and a slate porch. 

 

 

 

image The living room is all shades of gray.  Slipcovers, French chairs, and custom cut seagrass. 

 

 

image Another view, facing the back family room.   Very pretty wall color – a grayish blue color.   This decor has a more eclectic feel  – with less antiques than house #1. 

 

 

 

imageDining Room:   Great curtains – full and luscious.  Perfection! 

 

 

 

image The eat-in kitchen is off the dining room.  I like the antique iron and marble table with the lucite chairs.   The kitchen is smaller than House #1, but it has wonderful marble counters and great appliances!

 

 

imageThe cozy family room is all white slip covers, baskets, seagrass, and bamboo shades = love it!!!  It’s perfect!

 

 

image This must be the master bedroom with white linens and light blue curtains and walls.  Again, a very pretty and soothing color.

 

 

imageLove this room with the light blue slips and the zebra pillows.  Love the khaki colored curtains.   

 

 

image

The screened porch off the dining room and family room overlooking the fabulous back yard. 

 

 

imageFabulous back yard!   I love the landscaping and the pergola. 

 

 

image There is a covered carport here and a wonderful pool  house that was once probably the garage space.

 

 

image Inside the pool house – more white slips, linen curtains, seagrass.  I would probably let this be Elisabeth’s room.  It even has a bath and a kitchen.  She could live her when she got married, too!  Her father would love that. ;)

 

OK – here’s the question:   would you buy house #1 or house #2?   House #1 has twice the space, but no pool.   House #2 is smaller, with just 3 bedrooms, but it has the fabulous backyard and pool.   Hmmmm.   This is a tough one.  I might go for #2 since it’s so much cheaper, plus I would then get the great pool.  But, house #1 has a better kitchen and so much space inside – you could always add a little pool or fountain in the courtyard!!!     OK, here’s my choice:   money no object:  #1, money an object:  #2. 

 

Reminder:  New Skirted Roundtable with  Scot Meacham Wood HERE.

90 comments :

  1. I LOVE it when you do these real estate posts. They are so much fun to look at!

    I pick #2. Love the pool and pool house.

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete
  2. do u think these houses are staged? Love the first one. cannot believe it has not sold. But i don't know maybe to expensive?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely adore these two houses!! Can I move in tomorrow?! The decor looks like it POSSIBLY could be by Chandos Dodson/Elizabeth Munger or Margaret Ann McEver/Mali Design. I might be way off!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Forgot to mention that I love that you stalk HAR just as much as I do! It's my go-to place for decor ideas that fits a Houston home like mine (ranch style).

    ReplyDelete
  5. Joni,

    My choices match yours. The kitchen/family room space in house #1 is perfect, so it would be hard to pass it up if I was being forced to choose. Both homes are lovely. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gosh, Joni. They're both so great! But I am drooling over that backyard in house #2, the screened porch, and I would LIVE in that family room - so there's no need to have a bigger space. I am loving those french doors, bookcases, and view to the pool and yard. Oy! GORGEOUS! Could totally see either of these houses in your portfolio. I bet the decorators/homeowners are fans of CotedeTexas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. #1 for the kitchen, the arches and curb appeal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yum, yum I'll take one!!!!!!
    Now all I need is to win Powerball & convince to leave everything behind. The ultimate turn key!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very tough...but honestly I think I love #2 better! It's very clean and crisp but still has that slipcovers and seagrass Houston feel. And I actually love how they did the eat-in kitchen - saving that image! The pool and pergola are perfection!

    I love when you do real estate tours!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joni I pick # 2. plenty of space for me!! I would incorpororate some of the details I love about #1 Like those fixtures in the kitchen. Great properties!!

    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  11. They are both lovely. I love the kitchen in #1. So pretty and the lighting is fabulous! Hope all is well with you. I've been so busy with work I haven't been as in touch with the world of blog as I would like. Stop by and visit Ragland Hill Social sometime. I'm still finding a way to scratch out some posts! Thanks for all your encouragement to me. I really appreciate it.

    Talk soon.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Number 2! Love the layout, slate walkway and kitchen. The pool is gorgeous and I love the pool house. Great idea as a 'daughter house'- I have two that could occupy it someday :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I would take #1 if the furnishings stay. You had me with the clock and the raspberry fabrics and the courtyard were just frosting on a yummy cake. I did like the pool at #2. Can you find that clock for us?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, I loooove house # 1. Love the style of the house AND the way it is furnished. These were so much fun to see. Thanks Joni. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  15. #2 please. I live in 2300 square feet right now with no carport or pool. With our next now empty who need twice the dust bunny capacity. I do love the foyer in house #1. The big clock? I don't know about that. I feel like it's mocking me, making me check the time constantly.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how I LOVE both of these! Each one is so beautiful and eclectic! WOW! Loving the decor in all the rooms too! The last house and the pool area is wonderful! I could handle living there for sure!!

    I love looking at gorgeous homes, Thank SO much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Okay ... count me in for House #1. Absolutely love it. Thanks for the peek at 2 wonderful Houston homes. With all the shelter magazines going by the way side and slipping over into real edgy material, it looks like bloggers are going to be the only people giving us worthwhile things to view. Thank you Joni.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hi Joni,

    I really liked house no 1, but in saying that there were rooms in house no 2 I really, really loved too. The cozy family room was absolutely beautiful, love that. Didn't like the layout of the kitchen in house no. 2, too much walking around the table to get from the fridge to the cooktop/oven. In house no 2, I wish they'd made the bed a little neater than what they did, but loved the colour scheme. Thanks for a look at both of these properties Joni. Hope you and your family are well.
    Take care
    Janine
    XXOO
    Tasmania, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love that you enjoy looking at the photos on har! I am a local realtor and we would love to give you a personal tour any time!!! I can never get enough of great staged homes.....and some are not staged, just super fun owners that have a flare for living!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Houston is a great place to call home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. House # 1 was decorated by Eleanor Cummings.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Yep, Joni...My choices coincide with yours.
    Both are wonderful homes.

    I was hoping someone would let us know who decorated house #1. Thank you Anonymous. It's beautiful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Eenie meenie minie moe....
    I'd be happy with either!
    Love the home tours! Great decorating.
    Would LOVE to know all the paint colors too:)

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love house #1 - love the style, the flow, the architectural bones and the decor. I wonder what the roof material is? It is hard to tell int he pictures.

    Beautiful post!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love them both so a very hard decision. I would pick the first one though - love the style, size, etc... although the pool of the second home is a dream come true.

    ReplyDelete
  26. yeah curb appeal, no.1. Other than that, I found the whole home generally dated (incl the arches you love!!!) lol
    But no.1 I think, despite being dated in some ways, appears to have a more modern stylish edge, hard to know what exactly, but def no.2 for me overall!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Love them both, but since we are empty nesters I would chose house number 2. My house is already too big so we would downsize.

    ReplyDelete
  28. House No. 1. The architecture is lovely, it appears to have a great floor plan for the common areas and it has a cheerful decor, especially appealing to a young family. The second house is certainly nice inside and particularly the back yard area, but the architecture looks more like a boiler plate look from most ordinary subdivisions that are developed by one builder. The inside is well done, however. Most likely a buyer would update the kitchen unlike the other house whose kitchen is chef ready.

    ReplyDelete
  29. As I draw ever nearer to that empty nest stage I am inclined to feel that house #2 makes more sense for me. I would work on the curb appeal..window boxes, maybe some urns with height, switch out the lanterns for something with more dimension.

    ReplyDelete
  30. #2 FOR ME- i like just enough space as needed inside and as much as possible outside... we spend most of our time there.

    i'm actually in love with this house!!!!!!!!!!! perfection.

    ps- loved to see your vacation decorating- what a difference and i wish i'd never seen it... i'd never even though to go to that level before!! uh-oh


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  31. Money is no object? House #1, hands down. Gorgeous, love everything about it!!! The decor is delicious! Sign me up!!!:):) XO, Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  32. I hope you find this in your plethora of comments! I have to ask...how do people get their curtains to look like that?? Every picture you post that has curtains just blows me away, I LOVE them! I tried to duplicate, but it doesn't look right. I used a silk taffeta fabric, but for each panel I doubled the fabric so it is very thick and I think that is wear I went wrong. They just don't drape right! Do you have any suggestions on how to make my panels pretty? Thanks and have a great day! ~andrea

    ReplyDelete
  33. Since I'm dreaming then money is no object and I'll take house #1 fully furnished please. But in all seriousness I have to know how they did those floors in the foyer. That is exactly how I want mine to look. Is that really paint? I can't really tell what the color is. Great post Joni!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. I love looking at houses for sale. Usually, I'm asking myself "why did they do THAT!", but both of these houses really exude personality and charm. I'd go for the first house if I'm dreaming, but I could live in #2 with great ease since it's just me and the animals. Boy, Houston and Dallas really have different vibes, don't they?

    ReplyDelete
  35. Love both houses, but think #2 is more our speed. With 2 people, we really don't need 4700 sq. ft. 2300 would be just fine!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Hi, I'm new to this blog thing but I wanted to tell anyone interested I saw a very similar clock on line at On the Veranda. Click on the SHOWROOM tab then mouse over the lower section of either picture, a bar of images opens up. I think the clock in in the 7th image. The outdoor dining room. Hope this helps!

    ADN

    ReplyDelete
  37. No brainer for me. No. 2 b/c of the outside area...showstopper! I think the advantage of No. 2 is also the fact that you can enjoy the benefits of such a great neighb for a less painful price. Dreaming of that pool...

    ReplyDelete
  38. Love both! Sadly I recently bought a house in the Meyerland area so no new house for me. But it's fun to dream. Also, I love when you talk about the "Houston look". Apparently I've always wanted that look (even when I was living in NC and SC). So I guess it's fate that I moved to Houston!

    ReplyDelete
  39. Although I loved the first house, the arched doorways and other details, I really liked the second house more (the pool and pool house is why perhaps?).

    I didn't like the first house's gameroom. The second house needs more curb appeal, but looks as though it'd be easy to remedy it's ills.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I am soo jealous of you, you have no idea. I want more than anything to live in Texas. More than anything!!!

    I might see you in around 10 year once I have left uni and got myself a visa ;)

    ReplyDelete
  41. When Pete and I were still thinking about staying in Houston I stalked HAR religiously and there was nothing that compared to either of these homes! I am trying to figure out where in RO these are, I feel like I know that neighb like the back of my hand from endless walks growing up. Love them both, that's for sure. I think I would go #1 simply based on the architecture, although I do love the pool in option #2...

    ReplyDelete
  42. I would choose house #1. Do you know what it is priced at? You mentioned it is $500 000 less that #2.

    ReplyDelete
  43. Thanks for the eye candy Joni....deeelish!
    You always deliver girl!
    What a cute houston couple of gals!
    L.

    ReplyDelete
  44. Second house, definitely. I had a large house, and rattling around in a 'too big' space is not comfortable. Also, I really like the mix of traditional and modern in the second home. I don't think all traditional really works anymore, it is the 21st century after all.

    ReplyDelete
  45. I know Houston's climate is generally on the warmer side, but it must still get rain. I can't imagine having paid all that money for House #1 and then having to schlep my groceries in when it's pouring outside. There's also a little matter of security as well.

    I'd buy House #2 and convert the carport into a garage.

    Love you posts, Madame!

    ReplyDelete
  46. House #2 is my choice! I liked the slate at entry and the windows at the front. Then the back was a nice inviting surprise too! Pools, screened rooms, pergolas... just lovely. The kitchen was smaller than house #1, but I like the millwork throughout the house! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  47. I'll take house #2 please and I'd be happy just living in the pool house!

    ReplyDelete
  48. Maison numero deux! Perfectly Cozy. I know the ceiling fans are needed in Houston so I would just have to get used to them.

    ReplyDelete
  49. I love this post. Both of the houses are beautiful! I favor #2 more probably because I have children and we need a back yard. I love love the pool house and the screened porch!

    ReplyDelete
  50. Love the curb appeal of the first one but the lack of yard would be tough for our young family....and the pool would be nice in Houston summers. Like that my daughter could likely walk to the same school I went to. And, wishing my husband could consider relocating us to Houston rather than the subtle mention of Dallas I keep getting wind of....Both are great houses, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Oh Joni, You have done it again. I have already printed off two pictures and will have to come back to this post later to really devour all the details. Both homes are lovely but hands down my pick is House #1. Like you, I am in love with that clock. I just bought a very similar clock face at Roundtop that I am having hands made for to hang above the mantel on my covered porch. You can see it on my blog if you are interested. Really, every detail of that home is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  52. LOVE house #2- maybe because it looks more comfortable to me. It's smaller but still plenty big for 2 or 3 people. also love that backyard.
    #1 is still beautiful of course, too.

    ReplyDelete
  53. I love it when you stalk HAR. I know how much time it takes to find anything close to these! Love them both, especially the furnishings in No. 1!

    ReplyDelete
  54. Both houses are so pretty inside! I'd choose #1, but I'd take down the awning and put in a solid wood front door. Too much glass when I'm home alone makes me nervous, even with an alarm. I know, completely irrational.

    Thinking #1 might not have sold because for $1.7 m. a young family might want a patch of grass in the back? Didn't see one, maybe there is? I know that usually made us rule out an otherwise gorgeous house.

    ReplyDelete
  55. It would have to be #1, just for the kitchen and I agree about changing the wood on the island to some other material. Also the arches leading off the kitchen form a nice enfilade of sorts; very visually appealing. Loved your knowledgable assessments on both houses.

    ReplyDelete
  56. Jeff and Kathryn SmithApril 8, 2010 at 3:03 PM

    Thanks to all that voted for number 1 as we are the proud owners. Our house was designed by Eleanor Cummings and we completed it 1 1/2 years ago. Joni, you are more than welcome to come by for a visit anytime. Yes to Sherry, the floors are hand painted by a lovely couple from New Orleans. Thanks again for the blog spot as we had no idea it was going to appear and was sent to us by a friend this morning.

    ReplyDelete
  57. Love-love house #1. But j'adore the petite marble-topped table and lucite chairs in #2' s kitchen. -s

    ReplyDelete
  58. Love these homes. I used to live close to River Oaks and loved that neighborhood... what's not to love right? :)

    ReplyDelete
  59. Such a great post. LOVE the painted floor in the foyer of #1. I'm planning to do that in my kitchen re-do. If I ever finish college tuition payments for precious son #3.

    ReplyDelete
  60. The first house is DEFINITELY my favorite. Joni, come over to my blog, I have a beachy giveaway that is perfect for your Galveston trips. http://colorandlightatelier.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  61. Why must I choose?? I'll have them both, ha!

    Seriously love No.1 but would be happy with either.

    ReplyDelete
  62. Oh wow! Tough decision. The first house was more Reynolds Still than the second, but when I saw the pool it had me second guessing. Like you, if I made a decision based on interiors, hands down the FIRST HOUSE! LOVE it when you share these FOR SALES with your groupie friends. Thanks Miss Gracious Living!

    Best Regards,
    Reynolds Still

    ReplyDelete
  63. They are both wonderful...if I am dreaming, and money is no object, then it has to be house #1.
    Of course all the furnishing must come with the sale!

    ReplyDelete
  64. Joni,

    Yes, I do believe the first step to selling these 2 fabulous homes is better pictures!

    #1 was very beautiful and I loved the entry and exteriors. However, no garage in hot Houston? Is there a "car" man that conveys? Because the idea of getting in a car that's 95 degress everyday...pass!

    #2 Has far less curb appeal, but nothing that can be tweaked. The back yard is beautiful, the pool a bit more modern that expected for the date and style of the house. And, a few changes surely to to the inside....I'd still put my money here!

    Thank you as always for a fun, thought provoking tour!!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. I love it! Thank you for that! I wanted to introduce you to a favorite blog of mine http://www.designtrackmind.com/. She also has a website for her interior design business based in Newton MA at www.melissagulley.com . I think you might like it because you both have fabulous taste.

    ReplyDelete
  66. house number 2 is such a dream. perfection really.

    ReplyDelete
  67. Joni, fine work! Do any of your loyal fans ever have trouble opening your posts? The pictures do not all open--on both my laptop and iPhone. Which is torture! Help!

    ReplyDelete
  68. The decision is easy! I would buy the house #2 and with the money I saved, hire the decorator of house #1.
    Great post! As usual, I keep repeatedly coming back and viewing the page unlike most blogs that I view once and move on. Your pages are always worth coming back for second views and inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  69. I love them both, I would have to say number one is stunning, but number two is just so easy and that pool is wonderful.
    Are you sure that they did not have a little help from you in the decor, there are so many signature cote de texas touches.
    pve

    ReplyDelete
  70. wow wow WOW! That first house blew me away. Perfection in virtually every inch. And what's wrong with those realtors? Do they want to sell houses or not? This should be advertised with a sky plane! :) Poor old economy.
    House #2 was a delightful little surprise - not fond of the front, and I wasn't expecting much. Very charming. But I still like House #1 best... maybe... money no object... buy House #2s backyard, add to house #1? :)

    ReplyDelete
  71. I LOVE House #2. Is there a link to it's listing on HAR? Just curious.

    ReplyDelete
  72. www.houseoftuscany.comApril 9, 2010 at 5:13 PM

    Joni:

    Love your blog. Especially the favorite items, ie, favorite Linen, Slip Covers, etc. What company would you suggest for tassels to use as Key Tassels. I want to hang a tassel from the key on my French Buffet and admire your ideas!!! Melinda, Fort Worth

    ReplyDelete
  73. House #2 for sure. Big houses are overrated. They are both gorgeous, but there's nothing like a fabulous outdoor space to make life great!

    ReplyDelete
  74. Number 2...Do it small and do it well! Taken me faaarrr to long to work that one out!
    xx Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  75. Hi Joni,
    I love both of the houses! But I think that the first house is the one I would choose to live in. I love the dining room and the family room here!
    Always nice to look into the beautiful houses you show us!
    Have a nice weekend!
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  76. Love the oh so chic clock in #1! Where do I find a look alike?

    ReplyDelete
  77. ADORE the decor in house number 1 but would go for house number 2. How could I not with a backyard like that!??

    ReplyDelete
  78. Hi Joni!
    Loved the design of house Number one but no garage??????That's alot of house for no garage. I would opt for house #2 and make some interior changes. Loved the marble table in the kitchen with the ghost chairs...Clever.Maryanne:)

    ReplyDelete
  79. #2. definitely. has all the space we need and i LOVE the outdoor space. pam

    ReplyDelete
  80. HI JONI-

    Provocative post here.

    Both houses are superbly styled--by a very good designer. Note all new sheets on beds, everything cleaned out, no signs at all of who the previous owners are. They have been elided and 'disappeared' from the house.
    This is a good lesson to real estate sales:
    Work with a good designer and stager.
    Freshen up the house--without looking too 'new'.
    Give is a somewhat 'generic' look--not too specific to one style.
    Joni-as you said, you could buy them both and move in (NO 1 in particular).
    Great comparison here.
    Great tips for someone wanting to sell a house--make it look delicious, fresh, ultra clean and delicious.
    cheers, DIANE
    www.thestylesaloniste.com

    ReplyDelete
  81. I always love when you post "smaller" homes. These two are both great, but I think I would take #2.

    ReplyDelete
  82. Hi Joni and the Smith's-
    Thanks for calling us the Lovely
    couple who painted the floors and
    the furniture. Call us 281-857-7975
    or visit www.pruitt-littleton.com.

    The floor was painted in stains under Eleonor's direction.

    We live in Houston Heights and can
    paint it for you!

    ReplyDelete
  83. I love your blog! You truly have an eye for style. I am a fashion blogger in south jersey but I love interior and exterior home design as well. Your blog certainly is the place to go for inspiration!

    My blog: http://danielleuniverse.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  84. This is my second look at this post as I couldn't get it off my mind. I am a HAR stalker also and rarely find anything as good as these two houses! I am having my banister painted as I write this after looking at house #1. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  85. I feel like I just walked into a fairytale! That first home is stunning. There's such an understated elegance. The details make it even that much more special. Thanks for the home tour!

    ReplyDelete
  86. At the coach outlet online you have the largest selection of the day. If you touch the item and like it, keep it in your possession until you make your final decision.The coach factory outlet has been in business for many years. You can log in to find more information about its products and services.You know, Coach items are so perfect and fascinating. Now I grow up, and find coach outlet on the Internet offering affordable products with reliable quality.

    ReplyDelete
  87. There certainly are a amount of methods to acquire affordable coach products at coach factory outlet,it could possibly the most effective options.the most vital cause may be the reality that you simply can purchase genuine coach products at there.All people give the good comments for the coach factory online, and now the Coach outlet store provides many discount goods online.Coach bags enjoy high popularity throughout the world. I would like to share the coach factory outlet online with you. What are you waiting for? Just come to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  88. There certainly are a amount of methods to acquire affordable coach products at coach factory outlet,it could possibly the most effective options.the most vital cause may be the reality that you simply can purchase genuine coach products at there.It is believed that you will like the products on the coach factory online. There are spacious sizes and different colors, styles and so on.in the market you definitely can find various colorways that are designed in as well as the high quality that applied in. For most of you would like to come. So just come to our coach factory outlet online store to choose one.

    ReplyDelete
  89. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  90. If you really want your husband to buy that house, it might behoove you to help him out with his 5 inch penis.

    ReplyDelete