COTE DE TEXAS: A Beautiful Showcase House–SOLD!!!

A Beautiful Showcase House–SOLD!!!


image
Last year I showed you a beautiful showcase house, “The Tile House,” HERE that was designed by Maria Tracy of Tracy Design Studio.  Recently, Maria contacted me to tell me about a new showcase house for which she had just completed the interiors.   This showcase house is located in Tanglewood – one of Houston’s toniest neighborhoods.   To get the house ready to show, it was filled with beautiful upholstered furniture, antiques, art and rugs.   Not surprisingly, the house went into “pending sale” status almost immediately after its opening cocktail party.   The quick sale really drives home the point that it helps tremendously to furnish a new construction house – it makes it so much easier for the prospective owner to imagine living there!    The house was designed by Robert Dame and built by Iraj Taghi.  Installed, are the most wonderful of finishes – including 100 year old reclaimed wood floors, hand carved stone fireplaces, and beautifully painted walls with just a hint of faux.  The house is large at 9620 sq. ft., five + bedrooms, and three stories.    While a house of this size is out of reach for most of us, it is still fun to pretend and dream and even to get some ideas.  So, enjoy!


image
The side view shows the depth of the large house. 
Maria Tracy who did the interior design for the house is unique in the business.  She has a Master Degree in Architecture, yet she also practices interior design.   For this house, she enlisted many merchants in Houston to provide furniture, accessories and art.   Two vendors have stock in almost each room:  Custom Creations Furniture who provided all the upholstered pieces and Michelle Y. Williams whose art work is on the walls.   Other vendors include Chateau Domingue, Joyce Horn and Carl Moore.  Also contributing is CdT Sponsor MAI (2Lucy's, Gracy Hall, Jill Risley and Lindra Petty), Boxwoods and  Kirby Antiques.  Finally, making a huge impact is Creative Flooring who provided all the rugs.    And, lastly, Maria's daughter, Allyson Tracy Plumm, has joined Tracy Design Studio, and she assisted in all the interior furnishing selections.    

image
The staircase has a beautiful scrolling iron railing.  I love the huge French jardinaire – its rough texture juxtaposed against all the luxe.  

image
The main hall off the staircase runs throughout.  The floor is a pretty mixture of light and dark marble.


image
The living room is filled up with upholstered pieces from Custom Creations.  I love how Maria put four chairs around the fireplace and the sofa is in the big bay window.

image
Looking towards the dining room.  Love the two oversized mirrors flanking the arch.

image
The dining room is my favorite – with all the slipcovered chairs in linen.  Again, it’s a nice mix of the informal against the formal.   All the art work is from Michelle Y. Williams and is a great match with the muted colors found throughout. 

image
The view towards the living room.

Now, here you can see what a difference it makes furnishing new construction houses for sale.  This is the dining room without the furniture – though the room is beautiful, it is not nearly as inviting!



image
I really like how Maria furnished the library with antiques and accessories.  Love that sofa!!!


image
And looking the other way.  All the doors are so beautiful.

image
Another view of the main hall- looking from the opposite direction.  Here the painting picks up the darker colors found in the rug.


image
The large family room overlooks the back yard with its pool.  More furniture from Custom Creations.   Custom Creations sells furniture from their own line OR they can create any piece, custom to your specifications.    They also have a line of wood tables – like those between the two arm chairs.  Their prices are reasonable – especially for their wonderful custom work – and I highly recommend them.   


image
Looking through the family room into the kitchen.

image
Love the backsplash.

image
And looking the other way out the windows in the breakfast room.

image
The powder room has a sink inside a chest.


image
Leading to the upstairs master bedroom is a niche filled lobby that includes a coffee bar.

image
The bedroom is a mix of  furniture styles and art work.   A day bed sits under the TV.  A stone balcony through the windows overlooks the backyard pool.

image
The bedding is a great mix of linen and silk.   I love the headboard!!!!


image
Here’s one more view of the bedroom, looking into the entryway.




image
The bathroom has more of the windows found throughout the house.  Beautiful tub and tile backsplash.

image
My favorite.  I would kill for a closet like this with glass fronted doors!!!!

        image     
The view from the upstairs landing with art work by Michelle Y. Williams.
       
image
Out the back is a wonderful porch, with a fireplace and kitchen.  I like how Maria used trendy zinc furnishings out here.

image
Another view – here you can see the outdoor kitchen.

image
The back of the house – showing the family room and the breakfast room to the left.   Love those lanterns!!!

After the opening party, the house went immediately into “pending sale.”   Unfortunately, the furnishings were taken down this weekend, and the showhouse was closed early!   To contact the builder, Iraj Taghi go HERE.
To contact the interior designer Maria Tracy at Tracy Design Studio, go HERE.
Custom Creations Furniture HERE, Creative Flooring(713) 522-1181,  Michelle Y Williams HERE.
Molly Ann Kaplan, HERE,  has the listing. 
Wade Blizzard took these fabulous photographs. 
Be sure to visit our sponsor MAI HERE from where many of the antiques came from!

Coming Soon:  A great giveway – watch for more details!
And don’t forget to listen to the latest Skirted Roundtable with Joe Ruggiero HERE.



55 comments :

  1. That walk in closet is .... TO DIE FOR!!!

    Totally droolicious

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty amazing top to botom! You are so right, in how much of a difference staging/properly furninshing a home can make. This home is beauitfully done...love the soft warmth, its elegant without feeling overdone or stuffy. Nice flow, and elegant tall spaces...lots of light, great woodwork, but not too heavy or dark. Stunning in every way!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is a beautiful home decorated in such a gorgeous way! I loved everything (except maybe the kitchen). My favs were the bedroom and the dining room!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely, positively STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The library is my favorite place of this house!
    xx
    Greet

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful house! But, I was hoping that this post was going to be pictures of the Tour of Homes in West University. I am patiently (or not so much) waiting to see the pics!! When are you going to post on this?!
    Thanks,
    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  7. Despite all its glory, they don't use fitted sheets?!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gracious mercy. Beautiful!
    I can't believe they closed the showhouse early!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The library was nice, other than that, this is a prime example of Americans going over the top to try and replicate European design.
    Very little "soul" in this home.
    Quality construction does not always deliver good taste.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Joni, I love everything about this home...It gave my goosebumps...Beautifully decorated! Have a awesome weekend! I am off to send time with my teenage boys! Yay!

    Hugs, Meme

    ReplyDelete
  11. The rugs are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun tour! My favorite rooms are the living room and then the family room with that gigantic window, fabulous! Thanks for sharing,
    Janell

    ReplyDelete
  13. That house is asolutley stunning. There is not a room or space that I did not like. The attention to detail as far as the finishings turned a beautiful home into a spectacular one. The all iron staircase railing is breathtaking and I love all the interesting ceiling treatments, especially the irregular shaped recessed area in the dining room and the ceiling treatment in the master bedroom. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Joni!
    I would be shocked if the new buyers didn't incorporate some of the furnishings in this house! The dining room is fabulous as is the bed room, and the floors are incredible......Everyone mentioned seems to have done a great job.....Maryanne xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Joni I really don't think I could love this home any more than I do!! The artwork is stunning with the furnishings!

    Staging is always best!

    xoxo
    Karena

    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  16. So lovely! I would definitely be overwhelmed without the furniture. I would give someone my kidney for that closet and a coffee bar in the bedroom is genius! I need one right next to my bed so I can just roll over and hit the brew button.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Joni-
    I want to re-do my Living room. Please help me. Where can I get draperies & slip-covered furniture?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Joni-
    This home is stunning, and the chandeliers are breathtaking. The headboard is a great idea. The slipcovers are gorgeous and the secretary in the bedroom is perfect in style and color.
    JUST LOVE IT ALL!
    Teresa
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Joni!

    I was prepared to dislike this house, thinking "Oh great, another monster house with over-the-top decorating", but I was very pleasantly surprised. It's more than just another look-at-me-I'm-rich house - it's actually beautifully designed, constructed and decorated. The colours are subtle and welcoming, the finishes elegant. I love the library, the hallway, the kitchen countertops, the bathroom and the niches outside the bedroom. Even though I'm not into fashion and have very few clothes, I love the closet, too. All in all a beautiful house.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Ahhh Tanglewood..Houston so lovely+this home. Happy Mother's Day xxpeggybraswelldesign.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Gorgeous!! I'm going to obsess over that sofa in the library. Me likey! Vanna

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think this is one of the most stunning houses I have ever seen. Thanks Joni for allowing us to peek inside.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Beautiful house. I love the library! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Love the houses in Houston, and Joni your blog looks fantastic with these large beautiful photographs....

    ReplyDelete
  25. Wow! I love every room of this home. With 9000+ square feet, this home still feels warm and liveable. And, what a difference a furnished home makes. Beautiful antiques and artwork. Great post, Joni.

    Karen T.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Joni,
    That house is amazing. I love the doors. I imagine that they are not old, but might you know who makes them. I just drooled over every picture!! Another beautiful post! Gorgeous!
    Happy Mother's Day, my friend!
    xx-Gina

    ReplyDelete
  27. Joni,
    Thank you for sharing the resources! I love the artwork by Michelle Y. Williams and am excited to take a peek at her website. I was looking at the family room pic, after your previous post about symmetry, and love how balanced the room is without being perfectly symmetrical (though I know you prefer perfect symmetry)!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Oh wow....I love the dining room and the closet...WOW! Funny, Robert Dame designed two homes for my parents.

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh My Goodness...this house is gorgeous from inside to out! Love it!
    Daisy~

    ReplyDelete
  30. You always find the best homes -- if I win the lottery, will you be my realtor?!!

    As always, I'm filing away ideas for later. Might just copy the marble foyer floor pattern for my master bath; I love the dark and light Emperador marble mixed with cream.

    Thank you for sharing yet another feast for our imaginations!

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh my, oh my, oh my. The windows are fantastic and in this particular case certainly give metal steel casement ones, 'a run for their money'. Beautiful home!
    -Brenda-
    P.S: Happy Mother's Day to you Joni.

    ReplyDelete
  32. stunning home and so well decorated..it's not a surprise to see it sell so fast with the appropriate style furnishings throughout..I agree with you in that a house sells much faster if it's furnished and the furnishings go well in the style of home...
    maureen

    ReplyDelete
  33. The kitchen backsplash is stunning. Such great taste, especially for a "spec" home. And like you, I find the juxtaposition of the linen and slipcovers against the formality of the architecture to be beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Hey Joni! I LOVE your blog (even though you have some undertone male bashing at times)! :) Your blog is such an inspiration for all interior design "junkies"! I look for new postings everyday!

    Happy Mother's Day!!!

    Jon Chapman
    Atlanta, GA

    ReplyDelete
  35. HI, Oh what a GRAT post, Im love everything in this house..the livingroom is may favorite...Im going to renovate our living room..so I *seaching* around for inspiration /Marie

    ReplyDelete
  36. Now that was one lovely house. Wouldnt it be nice to be able to create such magic. Fiona

    ReplyDelete
  37. Please change this information ASAP, The interior design of this home was done by Iraj Taghi Custom Homes, we are also the builder. Maria Tracy has only done the furniture. Please correct this error :-) The builder's information is

    Iraj Taghi CUstom Homes
    7575 San Felipe Ste. 270
    Houston TX 77063
    www.irajtaghihomes.com
    mai@irajtaghihomes.com
    713-961-0488 Phone
    713-871-9527 Fax

    ReplyDelete
  38. Just beautiful elegant and serene!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. I loved everything about this house....thanks fr the tour. It really oes how what furnishing a house before listing it can do. Absolutely beautful

    ReplyDelete
  40. I going crazy for this! Everything shouts prestige and elegance, wonderful house indeed. Love the details in furnitures.

    ReplyDelete
  41. Amazing! Isn't it? What else can you say about this space? Not only the house is gorgeous, but the decor is simply perfect for it.

    You know what is sad though? Buying a house looking like this and have all the furnishings gone by the time you move in. Can someone make it look even better? I mean, if I had the money to buy a brand new house decorated by a professional like this one, I'd try to buy it completely furnished. I'd like to move in just as it is! That would be a a dream!!! :-)


    Have a great day, Joni!

    xo

    Luciane at HomeBunch.com


    PS: If you have a minute, please drop by. I think you'd love the house I posted yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Oh my.. what a breathtakingly gorgeous house. I love the windows in the kitchen and the large window looking out over the pool. Gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  43. That is a gorgeous home! I love how they have very elegant and posh rooms, but then they also have their family rooms and bedrooms more relaxed and liveable. It is absolutely beautiful!
    xoxo
    Lila Ferraro

    ReplyDelete
  44. Joni, thank you so much for the wonderful write up, Maria and I really enjoyed working on the house together! We've worked together on and off for about 10 years, projects like this are always so fun! I wanted to correct the spelling of my last name, it's Plummer. Thank you so much for the write up and mention again, you always do such a great job! We appreciate it!

    Thank you,
    Allyson Tracy Plummer
    Tracy Design Studio

    ReplyDelete
  45. Thanks again, Joni for such a generous write up. This is to let Luciane at HomeBunch know, that the buyer of the house did say "

    "By the way- my realtor asked tonight about calling you about another listing she has. I told her your work was one of the reasons I moved so fast to get this one under contract! She liked hearing that!"

    A most gracious lady, who is buying a lot of the furniture and accessoried. She has great taste. A dream client!!

    Again, thank you, Joni, for your influence on the Design Community in Houston and beyond! An arbiter of taste.......we salute you!

    ReplyDelete
  46. Joni, what an amazing hacienda you've presented. I love the outdoor spaces. I could really enjoy them November thru February.

    ReplyDelete
  47. Furnishings do not denote quality. Perhaps the many stained finishes in the house is a distraction for me, but it looks like a good cleaning would have been in order before a photo shoot. Not one of your best house tours, Joni.

    ReplyDelete
  48. Somebody PLEASE tell me where I can buy the huge clock face in the patio. The architecture of the house is beautiful. I'm not a big fan of the wall finishings, for me it cheapened the overall feel a little.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Wow! It feels like I just had a great tour around the house! It’s very beautiful and inspiring! Every piece of the interior made every room a great place to relax. And the huge window glass made the family room so inviting. I can already picture myself lying in the sofa, enjoying a peaceful day! =)

    ReplyDelete
  50. This is ridiculously classy.

    ReplyDelete
  51. Silk is 100% natural. Leading a life by using natural products is the best way to stay healthy. thesilkemporium.com.au is offering such elegant products for protecting your health and providing you a better nights sleep. The Silk Emporium is committed to provide the best products to its customers. If you use our silk pillows, bed sheets, blankets, etc you can enjoy a sound sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  52. Oh my goodness. These are gorgeous. My friend is planning to decorate using different linens. They were beautiful. Where do you come up with these ideas?

    ReplyDelete
  53. Cầu thang được thiết kế cổ điền từ sắt nghệ thuật, nhìn thật hấp dẫn. Chắc hẳn chủ nhân của ngôi nhà này có một gu thẫm mĩ rất tinh tế!
    Có rất nhiều hình ảnh cầu thang đẹp cổ điển tại đây: Thiat Ke Cau Thang Dep

    ReplyDelete