COTE DE TEXAS: An Apartment Renovation– Part Two!

An Apartment Renovation– Part Two!

Early last year I wrote a story about Color Outside The Lines blogger and interior designer Artie Vanderpool’s newly renovated apartment.   Fresh from a break-up, Artie had moved to several different apartments, until he finally found one that he thought might be good enough to put down some roots – AND one he could decorate to his heart’s content.  After living in an older, vintage house with dark moldings – Artie craved light and bright.   His newest place was all this,  plus large and airy, and after a rough start, he was ready to share his place with the world.


Originally, the apartment had white walls and a sea of beige wall to wall carpeting.   What you can’t see here is that it also had lots of windows to let in the bright sun.


But the carpet had to go and so did the light fixtures and mini blinds – it was all too boring for Artie’s chic aesthetic. 

Artie’s manager gave him permission to make these changes, but he probably would have rescinded if he had seen what the apartment looked like during the reno process!!


Before he moved in, Artie had all the boring carpet pulled up with plans to put down wood floor tiles.  Except, decades of carpet glued down to concrete doesn’t make a pretty picture.   Artie spent nights cleaning up the concrete in order to install the tiles.

But they wouldn’t adhere to the concrete.  He almost gave up and put the carpet back down…but instead, Artie had a brainstorm…


He painted the concrete white!

And then decided he absolutely hated all the white. 

Except, now that the floor was tacky from the paint, he tried to install the wood tiles again, and miraculously – they finally stuck!

It’s not actually a real wood floor, but it looks exactly like one. 


And here is the new dining room with his newly installed wood floor, chandelier, and gallery wall.   He also installed dimmers on strategic lights such as the dining room and hallway.

He added curtains, textured shades and lots of accessories and the apartment looked fabulous!


Here is the living room with the tufted sofa and chinoiserie cabinet.  More art work and a layered rug over seagrass give the apartment a real luxe feel.


The view from the dining room, with two slipcovered stools.


And in Artie’s bedroom – what he really didn’t want you to see, is that he never pulled up the carpet in the bedroom.   This detail was overlooked in the original story.

Artie had bought this four poster bed online and when it arrived, he discovered it was a bit out of proportion and he had to remove the top canopy.  The bed was just too short, as you can see in this photograph.

Since Artie was never really happy with the bed (of course not!) nor the bedroom in general (of course not!) a MAJOR change was in the works (of course!)

Besides the changes in the bedroom, there also was his media room, which he NEVER told me he even had!  Actually, the apartment has two bedrooms and the second one was turned into a cozy TV room. 

Along with those two new projects, there was his kitchen.  He totally redid the tiny apartment kitchen over two weekends and a few nights.  It is amazing.

Ready?


The Living Room:

There have been a only few changes in the living room since the first story.    Artie’s favorite pieces include his pair of Savonarola chairs with their custom black slipcovers and the chinoiserie chest, which is the focal point of the room.    The Kravet sofa has a Pindler and Pindler velvet cushion cover with a Samuel & Sons jute chevron trim to help protect the cream sofa against his two puppies.


In the corner, Artie added an old concrete urn.   He bought the urn for his dining room table, but it was too heavy, the plant is perfect for it.


The new urn and more plaster pieces.


On this side, he added a new brass lamp – and a fancy-pants Hermes blanket is peeking out!!   The chair is from Pottery Barn, but has been discontinued and the brass chest is from Ken Fulk.

               

The Dining Room:

In the dining room, there’s a new side chair and a new friend – the bust on the chest. 

The cane and leather chair was a steal – $40 at a NYC thrift shop.   Plus the $200 he paid to ship it home!!

 

His new room-mate is Mr. Nathaniel Hawthorne.  At least he is quiet and doesn’t have an opinion about painting over dark molding.  And he likes to drink, so Artie keeps the bourbon close by.


The Hickory Chair table got a new urn and orchid.




And the very latest tablescape – new blue & white and a collection of antique cross bottles which Artie creates and sells HERE.



The  Kitchen:

Before:  The kitchen is just a regular apartment kitchen.  Nothing too grand, but nice and clean with new cabinets.

How to make this plain area look more “Artie?”

To turn it into his own,  first Artie took down the upper cabinets.  Yes.  He did that himself.  Next, he added shelves for dishes and glasses.  Then, he made a linen skirt to use instead of lower cabinet doors. 


The new look:  Artie made a fabric shade for the window and bought a new glass pendant to dress up the kitchen.  A lamp and candlelight add mood.


Artie added open white shelves instead of closed cabinets which makes the kitchen look so special.  And,  I love the linen skirts instead of lower cabinet doors!

Love the oil painting.    I am crazy over the changes!!!  The kitchen looks so great compared to what it looked like before!!


Hard to believe this is the same space – just a few days later!


Artie added a rug to tone down the vinyl flooring but who notices the floor when the shelves are so cute?!?

The brass stool in the hallway is from Target, believe it or not!  The oil painting on the top is by Ted Ellis of Ted Ellis Fine Art and is one that Artie treasures.


One more view!


The Media Room:

The Media Room had two windows and more boring carpet.  For a few months, Artie just kept the door closed.    Then, inspired by a photo of an extra long day bed…

he ripped up the carpet, installed the wood tile floor and created a sofa/day bed:



One long daybed becomes a slip covered sofa.  Artie added three sconces from Lowes for reading light.

I love the one gilt frame mixed amongst the black framed pieces of art.

Artie said he took a few months to decide what to do with this room.  He knew he needed a  space for guests to sleep in and he wanted a spot to watch TV.  He designed the day bed with a 10” memory foam mattress and stiff back cushions make it feel like a sofa. 


Art work hangs on the walls.  Love the two wicker chairs.  You know what?  I think the Hermes blanket would look really good in here, Artie!!  Maybe you should move it here?

Art is from Stellers Gallery in Jacksonville HERE.



Seagrass rug layered over the floor and Thomasville leather ottoman doubles as a coffee table. 

IDEA:   Artie switched out the legs and added these brass caster ones, which really is an upgrade and a great idea!!!  The caster legs look so much nicer!!!

The custom made sofa is 10' long and 36" wide and is slipped in a white cotton denim.

Pindler & Pindler mohair and silk velvet pillows.


The throws are so inexpensive, Artie bought 8!  HERE  They come in different colors, too.



Curtains with fabric shades are lined with textured shades – to make it all cozy and warm. 

IDEA:  Notice the skirted table the flatscreen is on – it is really hiding the dogs bed that is underneath the skirt!!

BTW – Artie made the curtains, shades AND the skirt!!


Plaster side tables and garden seats do double duty.

The wicker chairs are old – from Williams Sonoma.


A very similar chair is available at Wayfair HERE.

I love a wicker chair in a room – it’s a great accent and adds texture and warmth and a touch of individuality.


So sweet – Louna’s watching TV!!!


This is such a cozy and warm room to read and watch TV in.


Great job Artie!!   Now, go bring the Hermes blanket in here.  LOL.


The Bedroom:

The master bedroom was just the same as the rest:  more boring beige carpet and mini blinds.


Artie’s first bedroom décor was very nice – in blue stripes.  But he never cared for the bed.  So he sold it.


And then, he bought a lot, a LOT of brown and white striped fabric and….



Now the bedroom looks like this.  Amazing!!

First Artie got a new bed,  which is iron with a painted finish,  then he lined the walls with the brown and white fabric.  And next he added a striped rug over the seagrass over the wood floors that he had installed.

It’s just beyond fabulous!!  Seriously.   It’s beyond fabulous.

I’m so in love with this room!



At the left is a French bench with a slipcover and an oversized mirror.  At the windows are the white curtains and textured blinds.

The fabric is from Valdese Weavers, a mattress ticking with a brown ribbon used for trim.  Artie ended up using 35 yards!


Close up of the slipped French bench.  Notice the trim.  And notice the trim around the wall covering.  Perfect!

Even though Artie complains that the stripes aren’t straight in places, it looks perfect to me.  He said it was really hard to hang the fabric, but it was all worth it because this is his favorite room.   I agree.  It’s my favorite too!!!!!


Across from the bed is the chest flanked by two slipper chairs with striped fabric. 


The two slipper chairs flank the chest.  The chairs are in a different striped fabric.


Another view.  Notice the trim at the ceiling.  So perfect!

The rug is from Safavieh.


Awwww.  Sweet Louna, the French Bulldog!!!



Parting shot.  Notice how Artie brought in some art work with orange tones to tie in with the blinds and the velvet tiger fabric. 

Just perfect Artie.  Seriously – this is a dream come true apartment.  I’m sure he could be happy here for the next decade, but something tells me he probably will be moved out before the year is over!!! 

To visit Artie’s blog and portfolio, go HERE.


Be sure to visit Artie’s Cross Bottle Shop  HERE.  He sells antique cross bottles, above,  AND he will custom make what you want in case something is sold out.  Just email him at: 

artie.vanderpool@gmail.com

to discuss his bottles!


More.



More.


And  more.


AND…

Christmas season is coming up and new design books are being released weekly.  Interior designer Victoria Hagan’s book Dream Spaces is one of the new ones and it’s so beautiful!!


Hagan’s book features 10 houses – and each has something in common…they are all second homes, vacation homes.   The book is large and luscious with beautiful photographs.


There is Victoria’s own house in Nantucket….


And this house is in Aspen.  Can you imagine waking up to these views of Ajax Mountain?????


And this Florida house.


To order Dream Spaces, just click on the book or HERE.


And I haven’t read this one yet.  I did read his wife, Joanna’s book and found it interesting and entertaining.  Now that the Gaines have announced they are retiring from HGTV (no!!!) – I’m afraid we won’t be seeing so much of the Gaines.  To order, click on the book or HERE.

71 comments :

  1. Love what he does to his rooms. Although there are current décor trends sprinkled throughout, he has a mind of his own with his own thoughts and ideas. What a concept!
    The rooms are timeless. Love it.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello, I am Theresa Williams After being in relationship with Anderson for years, he broke up with me, I did everything possible to bring him back but all was in vain, I wanted him back so much because of the love I have for him, I begged him with everything, I made promises but he refused. I explained my problem to my friend and she suggested that I should rather contact a spell caster that could help me cast a spell to bring him back but I am the type that never believed in spell, I had no choice than to try it, I mailed the spell caster, and he told me there was no problem that everything will be okay before three days, that my ex will return to me before three days, he cast the spell and surprisingly in the second day, it was around 4 pm. My ex called me, I was so surprised, I answered the call and all he said was that he was so sorry for everything that happened that he wanted me to return to him, that he loves me so much. I was so happy and went to him that was how we started living together happily again. Since then, I have made promise that anybody I know that have a relationship problem, I would be of help to such person by referring him or her to the only real and powerful spell caster who helped me with my own problem. email: drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com you can email him if you need his assistance in your relationship or any other Case.

      1) Love Spells
      2) Lost Love Spells
      3) Divorce Spells
      4) Marriage Spells
      5) Binding Spell.
      6) Breakup Spells
      7) Banish a past Lover
      8.) You want to be promoted in your office/ Lottery spell
      9) want to satisfy your lover
      Contact this great man if you are having any problem for a lasting solution
      through drogunduspellcaster@gmail.com

      Delete
  2. Could you mention the current decor trends you spotted? Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leticia and Joni,
      There are touches of trends sprinkled throughout as I said. Mind you, I said trends, not fads. Timeless touches that just happen to be trending in recent years. He puts things together in a beautiful way. I didn't say a bad thing when I said "trends." It's up to date, and still timeless. I love it.
      Sheila

      Delete
    2. Thanks for the reply, Sheila. I was being inquisitive because I wanted to know the specific trends you spotted. In no way I was being critical. I simply wanted to know. READING about real estate and interior design are two of my hobbies that do not require hard work like my garden. Let me take a guess: one of the timeless touch would be the use of stripes? (I loooove stripes). The wall gallery? Seagrass rugs? The use of warm colors? And yes, there is a difference between trends and fads. Fads die fast, I think (most of them, if not, they become trends?)

      Delete
  3. Artie's talent and eye is wonderful! His landlord, agreeing to the kitchen makeover and other changes, is also pretty special! One small thing, though, I did wonder about placing the chest of drawers in the living room in front of the heat register thus blocking its efficiency and potentially damaging the wooden piece with long term use. Perhaps the heat is rarely turned on? I'm about to check out his blog because of this post. OH, NO, another wonderful blogger to slow down the start to my day! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lyn,
      The heat is a radiant heat, and the dresser is about 4" from the register. I moved in last October, and went through winter with no issues at all. I think maybe if it were forced air, it could present an issue for air flow, but I haven't had any issues with this particular type of heat. It isn't steam heat - so it hasn't damaged the dresser, either. I've been pretty lucky! I did have the same fears though, particularly in the living room where the sofa covers the radiator. I didn't want any damage done to the sofa. But same there, no problems! :)

      Delete
  4. His bedroom looks so much bigger now! Did he swap the sink in his apartment? The before pic had a double; after was a single.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. no!!! actually, some of the before pictures came from the apartment web site rather than his own apartment. A generic photo, since he didn't take a
      before photo of the kitchen.

      Delete
    2. Marta, I moved the bed over a bit toward the large window after I moved the dresser. It really opened up the entry of the room, but those stripes do wonders!

      Delete
  5. I love Artie's style, and was already a huge fan of his apartment. All of the the updates are great except, for me, the bedroom; not that I don't admire what he did there, I just absolutely loved the first version! I could just move right in there. Great job on a small space - I need to hire him to help me with my downsizing!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved it too - I didn't even show all of it from before with the beautiful handpainted wallpaper pieces that flanked thewindow. You can only see one. But I still think the new decor is to die for fabulous!!!

      Delete
    2. Oh, I remember those wallpaper pieces well, and the story behind them. I covet chinoiserie and landscape mural wallpaper (like in your bedroom!); sigh - one day, when I win the lottery...

      Delete
  6. Hi Joni! I've been reading your blog for years and appreciate all the time and effort you put into researching your stories!
    As my husband and I are contemplating downsizing, I absolutely loved seeing what Artie did with a bland box 2 bedroom apartment to make it look large and luxe! I think it's stunning compared to the before pictures! I would love to see more posts such as this! Very inspirational!! I even forwarded this to my hubby to see the possibilities!! After dealing with our parents 'stuff' over the past 15 years - I'm ready to lighten our load, live with less and love what I have left!
    Thank you Joni!!
    Celia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Artie is such an inspiration - and a reminder that I'm a total underachiever. He's a great designer, but mostly I love that he just gets stuff done and changes it to make it better as he goes. Beautiful apartment.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, exactly!! He "gets stuff done"! I am envious - I just downsized and my problem is I CAN"T MAKE DECISIONS. I just keep mulling things over...and over... Artie is constantly changing, buying, selling, and updating; if he doesn't like something he does, he just changes it again! I've got to just DO something, realizing that, if it's not perfect, it doesn't have to be permanent, and the process itself can be enjoyable.

      Delete
    2. liparifam, I have been in my supposedly forever home for 10 years and when time allows I find myself editing a room at a time. It gets better with each edit. I don't think I will ever be "completely done" and I am good at making decisions. I agree with you, the process is fun fun fun. When the great room or the master/mistress bedroom does not feel right, I feel restless. We are affected by our surroundings in many different ways. Speaking of surroundings, surrounding ourselves with things we like/love is comforting and a mood booster. I like your attitude: DO something. Make a short list and start at the top and without hesitation tackle one thing at a time as you go down your list. You are being a realist in saying "if it's not perfect..." Right on again, and it is not iffy :-) for nothing is perfect. It can only be as good as it gets (pun intended).

      Delete
    3. You all are so funny! I'm just manic, and indecisive - so when something pops in my head I have to get it done or I'll lament about it until it is done. But if that reads overachiever, I'll play along! Thanks so much for being so kind!

      Delete
  8. He’s lucky to have such a flexible landlord. Looking at the kitchen I assume he doesn’t cook, I need storage and clear counters to cook and prep! I like Best his upholstery wrapped bedroom, am saving 45 yards of a special linen toile for a bedroom someday

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A toile bedroom sounds divine! Also, you're right - I don't cook, and in that kitchen, it really is nearly impossible for me (a bad cook even with the best of ingredients and intentions) to cook well.

      Delete
  9. I agree Joni, these rooms are amazing!! Artie is such an incredible designer. That bedroom is to die for. I hope this post brings him tons of new clients. xxojoan

    ReplyDelete
  10. WOW! I don't know who Artie is, but he is talented!! I am just stunned at how gorgeous he's made that apartment!! I agree the bedroom is amazing, and it's so fresh and original. The stripes look perfect to me too and the attention to detail, just wow! The transformation of that kitchen is not just incredible, it's inspiring!! Smart landlord to let him transform the space. Thank you for yet another phenomenal post with great pics and detailed info Joni, you're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amazing transformation of a blah rental. So many things I love about it. The bedroom definitely grew on me as I noticed all the imaginative details. The only thing I would add in that bedroom is to cover the closet door in the same fabric as the walls.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have been waiting for WEEKS for this post...Artie has teased us endlessly on Instagram with little peeks into his media room. FINALLY! And of course, he does NOT disappoint. My heart aches for him in that past relationship where his creativity was so "reigned in" for so long. Once he moved out and on, it's like his talent for design absolutely EXPLODED...he was free to BREATHE...and BREATHE he has! New life into every nook and cranny of this once bland, cookie-cutter space. One simply cannot stop looking at his pictures of these rooms, over and over again. And each visit brings something new to catch the eye. I am so very proud of his work here: a virtual design laboratory in his own home, delighting us anew at every turn. I truly do feel that the sky is the limit for this young man. He is just scratching the surface of all that long pent-up creativity and the result is staggeringly beautiful. Joni, thank you for this magnificent post and to Artie, I can only say "Rave on, my dear...PLEASE Rave ON"!

    ReplyDelete
  13. So that's a Frenchie?
    He looks exactly like my friends' Boston.
    I want to kiss him on his wrinkly nose.
    Sheila

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep. She has similar facial markings of a Boston, but she's a French Bulldog. Louna Odette ... sweet as pie, usually.

      Delete
  14. Stunning. Timeless. Arte, you are brilliant. Thank you, Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Find fun, unique pieces on our Chairish store: chairish.com/shop/curiique
    We have perfect pieces for an style.
    We are also on Instagram as @Curiique

    ReplyDelete
  16. This before and after belongs in a book. Artie is a genius! Every detail is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  17. ...perfectly perfect...blessings...laney

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thanks to your previous posts about Artie, I have been following him for some time and enjoy his blog. The story of the sofa is worth reading.
    His apartment is a rebuke to anybody who says they can't have a cool place because the architecture of their space is too banal and blah. You can't get more banal than his apartment was at the outset. The kind of soulless place where Good Taste rarely sets foot. And yet he manages to pull off a magazine-worthy home--really a home, that reflects his personality and good taste in abundance. And clever. That fabric on the walls in the bedroom is genius.
    Also, he hangs art really low. You would think he would go up, with such low ceilings. But instead he goes nearly to the floor. And it looks great. He uses big pieces, and he doesn't have a ton of furniture cluttering the place, so the art fills the void lower down. It's a great lesson. In a lot of dining rooms, for example, there's a wall that just looks naked, despite art at eye level. He has hung pieces almost to the baseboard. It looks fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I NEVER would have thought to hang art so low. Fabulous and original...

      Delete
  19. I agree with everyone that this apartment is amazing! Artie has great personal style, and uses many things in his mix that do not cost a lot of money. Artie replaced the legs of his ottoman with brass caster ones - something I've wanted to do for a chair. I cannot find a source. Joni, can you suggest a source for such legs? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I see some here: http://www.diyupholsterysupply.com/5-Furniture-leg.html

      Delete
    2. I found mine on eBay - great bargain, but not easy to find. I set up a search alert, and one day - the perfect ones were there!

      Delete
  20. Great upholstered bedroom -and I love the way he hung all of his art - very sophisticated.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Stunning post as always Joni! I saved it to review and just gaze at the transformations it was so much fun. And your writing always cracks me up! xo Maria

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm dying over the kitchen remodel! The entire apartment remodel is amazing but that kitchen before and after is so wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. That kitchen makeover is unbelievable!! This kitchen really shows that some changes can be made with a modest budget!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. OMG! I am sitting here gawking at the photos with excitement. His new place is FABULOUS! The changes he made to this apartment are very clever. I am going to borrow his idea of using two slipcovered bench seats for my breakfast table, to give my two kubu wicker chairs a break.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dying. And luxuriating in the layers of lovely and your words. To see what can be done with a bland box is so encouraging! The kitchen and guest room are my favorites. I have the Safavieh chairs you linked, and they're comfy. But I need that custom daybedofa to put with them! Genius. Thank you for your passion and delightful storytelling, Joni. Can't wait to read part 1 and Artie's blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I've been a long time fan of Artie's back in the days of the former blog Rate My Space. As stated above his creativity really exploded when he moved out of his former address. It's always a joy to see what he's come up with and I've never been been disappointed in any of his creations. In this newest apartment he's added charm, drama, warmth and interest in what was just a blank slate. His designs are always one of my absolute favorites!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Just took the time to look at all the pictures again. What is not to like? And the bedroom with the stripped fabrics is nothing short of f-a-b-u-l-o-us! It takes a creative brain and a courageous heart to use so many different stripes in a room. I truly loved it. Art, thanks for the lesson on picture hanging. I learned new arrangements, and will soon be putting to use this knowledge. I join the writer who wondered how the landlord let you make the changes in the kitchen (removing all the ugly cupboards -- phew! "I" could not live with them.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Leticia, Thank you for all the sweet comments. Let's just say - the landlord didn't "let me" as much as I'm hoping what he doens't know won't hurt him. They'll go back up before I leave!

      Delete
    2. Bwahahaha! Love your moxie :) My mantra has always been "better to ask forgiveness than permission"!

      Delete
  28. Wow; as always, wonderful post! I love everything that Artie did. Thanks so much, Joni!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  29. Did I miss something regarding the floor installation. The carpet was removed, the old glue was removed, this must of took a week or two, then it was painted. Now the paint, did he prime the floor, did he use floor paint, wall paint? Do you think Artie believes the paint being tacky in any way allowed the wood floor to adhere to the surface. It was a laminate floor, right? now these laminate floors come in all quality levels-- was the floor glued directly to the painted concrete. Did Artie install the floor as a DIY or did he hire a professional floor installer. I bet many a reader has a concrete slab foundation ( such as I ) and horribly old wall to wall carpet. I need to get my ducks in a row, to pitch the idea/carpet and install a wood floor. If Artie has a few tips to share on out with the carpet in with a wood floor please do share. This was a great post everyone involved-- this has been a great community service and an economic stimulus to local trades. Angies list might crash lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there Anon! The floor was primed, and I used a porch floor paint over the primer. Once that was down, the floor wasn't tacky as much as it was just a clean, fresh surface. It's a vinyl floor, that comes in 4" x 3' pieces. (They market it as "luxury vinyl".) The pieces themselves have a glue on the back, so you peel off the paper back, and lay them down. No click in, no floating necessary. I find that those floating laminate floors always have a sort of hollow sound to them when you walk across them in shoes. This doesn't have that. It goes directly down to the slab, then gets rolled out so it's completely flat. I bought mine at Lowes, and I've installed it in both apartments. Only about $2/square foot installed. Much less than wall to wall seagrass (my alternative) and it'll last much longer. If you own your home or condo, you may want to think about wood look ceramic tile, or even a engineered hardwood that would go over concrete for resale value. But in a rental - this is beautiful, and inexpensive, and the finished product is really quite lovely in person.

      Delete
  30. arte you are amazing. it takes me weeks/months/years to make a decision. i love it all but what really is cool to me is the way you've hung the artwork. i love it low!!!!! i'm just crazy about it all. and thanks joni for putting it all together for us. x

    ReplyDelete
  31. Artie is so talented, LOVE his apartment! I cannot believe what he did with that fabric in his bedroom, so clever. He must also have a very nice landlord!

    ReplyDelete
  32. It is beautiful to see Artie's apartment all together in a single post. What a stunning place it is, so many things to love. He's approach to his spaces is truly creative. Living in a small cottage I can appreciate what he has done within his space, the furniture layout of each room is interesting, he's accessories are placed well not to appear too cluttered, or too stark, each room is well balanced without being boring. I think Artie has a book here; "Apartment Abode"! Really! Each photograph looks like a page from Veranda -

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great post and gorgeous transformation! Love that mistakes or difficulties Arte had were included in post but he made it work out splendidly. Talk about fearless! He just gets in there and does it and does it again if it's not right. This post, like the one about WOI, confirms that there's a plenty of creativity and beautiful homes put together by people other than professional designers. Truly inspiring--More of these posts please!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh my goodness! I love all of it. I have just gone to stalk Artie's instagram and started following him. I've been looking for the paint color used in all these gorgeous spaces but can't find it. I just painted my cabinets Benjamin Moore's Simply White and I think it is too bright. Can you please tell us the warm white used here?

    ReplyDelete
  35. I just love love LOVE it all. It is so amazing to see how Artie used imagination (& amazing taste!) to transform this space without knocking down walls, adding bigger windows, or raising the ceilings. Totally inspired!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Thank you, Joni, for sharing this. It is great inspiration for those of us who live in a small urban space. Now I know that it is possible to make my small condo look amazing but I may need some help, Artie. Wonderful job. I just saw on your website that you are going to be offering email designs. My brain is buzzing with excitement.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Hi Dear,

    i Like Your Blog Very Much..I see Daily Your Blog ,is A Very Useful For me.

    Browse our Inspirations page to find out what inspired the interior wall design on our website. Contact us to discuss how we can help you achieve your dream home!

    Visit Now - http://www.sblonginteriors.com

    ReplyDelete
  38. Its so unfortunate that my husband left me after five years in marriage. thought he finally left the house in the third year of our marriage just because i was unable to conceive. i wonder what happened to Andrea Delacruz my husband that makes him leave the house. he is a God fearing person and very humble. i know that leaving me wasn't ordinary. we dated for seven months and i never notice such character in him before i married him. i cried and wept through my days and night because i really love Andrea Delacruz my husband. in the process of crying and thinking, i recall that his grand mom never support our marriage, she never wanted me to be married to the family. i never give up and i prayed for God to intervene. one a faithful day it was a Thursday morning when my fellow college in my working place noticed my attitude and behaviour seems different from the real me and i never wanted to disclosed my Family issues but i shared with her my feeling and what i have been going through. she told me that something similar to these happened to her Elder sister and she told me that everything will be fine. she later invite me to her house to meet her elder sister then i opened up to her and she refers me to a man called Prophet Adeyemi and i did just as she said. i called Prophet Adeyemi immediately and he respond to my call in that moment and the first thing he said was 'WOMAN WOMAN' you have to believe and have faith that your problem will be solved. i asked, what should i do? then he said to me in two days time my husband will be back and i asked, Prophet Adeyemi is this going to be real? the last thing he said was that i will testify of his work. i did just as instructed and i watch for good forty-eight {48} hours. hmmmm, it was a good night time at 10:05pm within the days that Prophet Adeyemi told me that my husband Andrea Delacruz will be back, at first i heard the bell rings getting close to my door i heard someone saying HONEY!!!, it sound familiar i opened the door and i saw my husband standing and weeping in front of me. i was not surprised because its all i have been praying for him to come back home. Guess what in six days after i noticed my system and my body temperature is changed and i went to clinic for check up and the doctor told me that there is life in me which means i am pregna i really wants to use this opportunity to thanks Prophet Adeyemi so much and my lovely collage who directed me to Prophet Adeyemi if you have any problem or predicament that is worse or exactly like this you have been into, i plead you to contact Prophet Adeyemint.

    Prophet Adeyemi E-MAIL: adeyemispelltemple@gmail.com

    Prophet Adeyemi PHONE: +2348145810121

    ( Go through his site for more details)
    Indeed, he is a great and a lovely man, God bless him for uniting my family.

    ReplyDelete
  39. Very nice information in this post
    upayogee.com provides online services like Apartment Management Software, housing society accounting software, society management software and business management software. I am using upayogee Society management software for my housing society and very happy with this software.

    ReplyDelete
  40. I was in total despair when I found Dr. Todd. My life was going terrible and I didn't know if I was coming or going. I had just gone through a rough divorce, wasn't making enough money to sustain me and my children, and my 17 year old son had just gone to jail for the first time. When I talked to him, I immediately found a sense of peace. He was very honest with me and I could feel that. He also told me that everything would be okay. After my work began, things began to change. My bills were all caught up, the relationship I was in became much stronger, I was never FLAT broke, and my son was released from jail earlier than we expected!! I also completely got over the failed marriage and began to move on. And, received a better position at my job which will cause an $800 per month increase!! I felt completely comfortable with the work that was being done because I was always encouraged by Dr. Todd. (manifest spell cast@gmail.com) is the BEST!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  41. Great Blog,Thanks for sharing such beautiful information with us.... For more visit Apartment Renovation in Nagpur.

    ReplyDelete