COTE DE TEXAS: Woodbourne: 2010

Woodbourne: 2010

 

 

image

Woodbourne, Baltimore Maryland

I first learned about Woodbourne from Meg Fairfax Fielding, a blogging friend who writes Pigtown Design.   Meg works at Woodbourne and  through her, Ben and I were introduced to this wonderful, caring facility.   Woodbourne started out in 1798 as an orphanage and it is one of the oldest of its kind in the United States.  Located in Baltimore, Maryland, it is today a non-profit organization that cares for children in desperate circumstances.   The children at Woodbourne all have lived through some kind of trauma: addicted parents, abuse or neglect, or mental health issues.  Many of these children live full time at Woodbourne, where they are given the tools and skills needed in order to one day return to their home or community. 

 

MARFYAd2010copy

During the holiday season, the faculty makes a video asking the boys what they want for Christmas and what Christmas means to them.  Their requests are small and simple:  a notebook, a game boy, some candy, a notepad, pens, new shoes, batteries, a cookbook, and on.  Some just want to go home for Christmas.  Some worry about the other children at Woodbourne, not themselves.

Oh boy.   Just watch the video, below, and think about what is on your own Christmas list to compare.  I know it made my list seem so frivolous, so wasteful.

Last year, I invited you to watch the video and your response was overwhelming.  It was immediate and large.  Together, we raised a lot of money for the Christmas Wish List at Woodbourne and it made a huge difference in the children’s lives.  Their wish lists were actually granted with the help of your donations.  Let’s try to do the same thing this year.  I am hoping that you will watch this year’s video. Afterwards, if you have it in your heart, would you please donate to these children so that together we can make their Christmas wishes come true?   Any amount is welcomed and appreciated.  It’s very easy to donate – there’s a PayPal link here:  http://www.woodbourne.org/makeacontribution.  If you don’t do Pay Pal, please email Woodbourne directly here:  e-mail or telephone at 410.433.1000, ext. 2230.

 

WATCH THE 2010 VIDEO HERE – DOUBLE CLICK ON THE ARROW:

 

Your contribution, no matter how large or small, will make a huge difference.  Please join Ben and myself in making a difference this year. 

We thank you from the bottom of our hearts.

Wishing you and yours a safe, happy and healthy Holiday Season.

 

Joni and Ben Webb

 

 

 

 

34 comments :

  1. Joni... you and Ben are the best! Thank you so much from all of us at Woodbourne!

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for this post Joni, and for all your lovely posts in 2010. I love to see people open their hearts at Christmastime. I've sent a little something.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Joni. I will make a donation tonight. I have been wrapping gifts for a young family we have "adopted"for Christmas here in town. It is amazing how basic their requests are compared to my frivolous and abundant life. It really does put it all in perspective, doesn't it? Christmas card coming your way soon! xo Ann

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Joni, it truly is better to give than receive. I too sent a donation tonight.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, Joni, that just breaks my heart. I am going to share the video with my own children as well. I will certainly make a contribution.

    Happy Holidays! How is Elisabeth?

    Eloise

    ReplyDelete
  6. Best part of the holidays is helping others so thank you Joni for this post. I'm off to make a donation.....Happy Holidays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you Joni and Ben. I want that boy who likes to cook to get his cookbooks and his Chef's hat! All of the requests were heartfelt and touching. I have made my donation.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this post Joni. It definitely puts things in perspective!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for sharing again this year. Wishing you the richest blessings this holiday season. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for reminding me to make my donation...such a worthy cause. Blessings of the Season to all the Webbs!!!!

    Also, thanks for bringing Woodbourne to our attention.
    -linda,ny

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful...and what a gift to share in the "true" meaning of Christmas. I will happily donate!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thank you Joni! This is wonderful! I was having a "punk" sort of feeling today..but now after going to the website and contributing to this wonderful cause.. my heart is light!

    Merry Christmas to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for providing the Paypal link to Woodbourne. One of the blessing of the internet and Paypal is that it makes giving easy. Blessings. Mary

    ReplyDelete
  14. So from the heart, Joni! Thanks to you and your husband! We will make a donation tonight!

    xoxo Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  15. Beautifully said and what a thoughtful and rewarding way to spend money during the holiday season. I'm off to donate.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Thanking you for sharing The Woodbourne Center. There are so many needs, it is hard to choose and wish I had the means to give to all. I've been searching for just the right organization in the US and now the search is over. This is what it's all about.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Come and visit my first give away!
    xoxo
    V,

    ReplyDelete
  18. Thank you Joni, I was an adopted child, so this is close to my heart. I made a contribution. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  19. As a former ward of the state I can vouch for how much this means to the children. As a young child the only gifts I received on Christmas were from strangers via donation. I honestly cannot remember any of the gifts I received but I do remember how it made me feel...Santa remembered ME!
    God Bless You!

    ReplyDelete
  20. How interesting!

    Thanks for sharing it!

    xo


    Luciane at HomeBunch.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joni, you're a real mensch and your husband is too! What terrific work these people do for these kids, and what a wonderful thing to do for others through your blog and your generous spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  22. thank you for the gentle reminder of how it blesses us to bless others.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Good for you. Sometimes all it takes is to remember that we have an audience only too happy to help if asked. We throw an annual Christmas party, hosting as many as 50 people. And each year I intend to attach a charitable endeavor to it but forget. This year, thanks to this reminder, I'll do it. Thanks for this.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Ah this is amazing! We live in Baltimore MD and will do anything we can to help out this season and all year!!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Dear Joni and Ben,
    Thank you for sharing this video and letting us know about the boys at the woodsbourne. My husband and I were just talking about making donations to some charities this Christmas instead of giving each other presents. I will show the video to my husband and we will send a donation. Thank you again and Merry Christmas,
    Yuko

    ReplyDelete
  26. What a lovely post...I also enjoy Pigtown Designs blog. I am looking forward to more of your informative and beautiful posts in 2011 and have so enjoyed them this year. I hope you visit our blog next year as well and here's to a wonderful holiday to you and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  27. J'ai appris des choses interessantes grace a vous, et vous m'avez aide a resoudre un probleme, merci.

    - Daniel

    ReplyDelete
  28. Great, i can't believe that this is Woodbourne.

    Just like to share with you a quote...

    "Give me a stock clerk with a goal and I'll give you a man who will make history. Give me a man with no goals and I'll give you a stock clerk." - J.C. Penney

    You can get more quotes at http://www.quotelandia.com

    ReplyDelete
  29. louis vuitton uk are diversified in various kinds, handbags, backpacks, portable bags, purses, wallets and pouches. All kinds are popular among the whole word people.louis vuitton Store Online Handbags can also bring great accuracy as well as practical applicability and fashionable.Have you ever dreamed of being as charming as Madonna? Have you ever thought of becoming an envy of all your friends? If so, come to louis vuitton outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  30. At the coach outlet online you have the largest selection of the day. If you touch the item and like it, keep it in your possession until you make your final decision.The coach factory outlet has been in business for many years. You can log in to find more information about its products and services.You know, Coach items are so perfect and fascinating. Now I grow up, and find coach outlet on the Internet offering affordable products with reliable quality.

    ReplyDelete
  31. There certainly are a amount of methods to acquire affordable coach products at coach factory outlet,it could possibly the most effective options.the most vital cause may be the reality that you simply can purchase genuine coach products at there.All people give the good comments for the coach factory online, and now the Coach outlet store provides many discount goods online.Coach bags enjoy high popularity throughout the world. I would like to share the coach factory outlet online with you. What are you waiting for? Just come to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  32. There certainly are a amount of methods to acquire affordable coach products at coach factory outlet,it could possibly the most effective options.the most vital cause may be the reality that you simply can purchase genuine coach products at there.It is believed that you will like the products on the coach factory online. There are spacious sizes and different colors, styles and so on.in the market you definitely can find various colorways that are designed in as well as the high quality that applied in. For most of you would like to come. So just come to our coach factory outlet online store to choose one.

    ReplyDelete
  33. It's great that all the wreaths are in all the windows.

    ReplyDelete