COTE DE TEXAS: Sally Wheat Decorates: The Brick House

Sally Wheat Decorates: The Brick House

 

 image

Stalking the Wheats- The living room (second version.)  The third version of this room is being worked on right now!

 

Without a doubt, some of the most popular stories on Cote de Texas are the ones about Sally Wheat’s house.  I think after the Something’s Gotta Give house, The Stalking the Wheats stories, part I and II, get the most emails.   I’ve featured her house twice – and her beach house, once – and all three times, the amount of interest from you has been amazing!  So, when Sally told me she was just finishing up some work on a house in West University – I jumped at the chance to show it to you!   I didn’t even need to preview it – I knew I would love it, and you would too.  So, please join me as we tour the house which I have nicknamed The Brick House (as you will soon see why!)  I hope you will enjoy it as much as I did.   And just a side note, the above living room in Sally’s house has gone through yet ANOTHER redo!  In its third decorative scheme (which Sally swears is the last time she is going to redo it – sure, Sally!) – the look is now more contemporary.  I can’t wait to go photograph it, too.  

 

 

image Made of stucco:   so why is it called The Brick House?

 

The Brick House is located in West University – the charming, small, all-American town encircled by the big city of Houston.   It’s three stories – as many of the newer ones are:   the third floor is usually a big media or play room.     And like most of the newer West U houses, it is creamy stucco with shutters and gas lanterns and lots of curb appeal.  The young couple who live here are friends with the Wheats.  Their children go to the same school – and so, when it came time to hire a new designer, Sally was given the nod.   Probably because like everyone who sees Sally’s house, the owner also is a big fan.

 

 

image

The Entry Hall.

Walking through the double front doors into the foyer – the dining room is on the left and the living room is on the right.  Straight ahead lies the family room and stair hall, with the walk in bar and kitchen, to their left.  The front part of the house has the more typical West U dark hardwood floors, but instantly your eye is drawn to the unusual – gorgeous brick floors that run throughout the more casual areas of the house.  The brick floor is so gorgeous, so unexpected, and such a rarity – that they take your breath away for an instant.  Suddenly, the house becomes not some everyday, new construction West U house – but rather a Belgian-esque flavored one.  The house is in the middle of a total redecoration under Sally Wheat’s direction.   The living room is still a work in progress, as is the master bedroom.   But, a small kitchen fire forced a rushed timeline in that room.   The family room, the sun porch, and the Princess’ room are all completed – except for a few pieces here and there. 

 

image

The Living Room.

The Christmas tree – so pretty and subtle with white snowflakes is the star of the living room, which is still waiting its finishing touches.   Of course there is seagrass – this is West University, after all! 

 

 

image

Though the owner and Sally balked at me showing this room - I think it looks pretty good right now.   As soon as Sally has worked her magic, I promised them I would show the finished project.   For starters, Sally has added the sconces and new seating and curtains are being ordered. 

 

 

image The Dining Room.

Entering the dining room through the entry hall – I am in love!  

 

 

image

 

The dining room is long and wide – allowing plenty of space for the large Spanish styled wood table with its scrolled iron brace.  The chairs are fabulous – also Spanish styled, with ruffled slipped skirts and button detailing.  But – it’s the extra large nail heads that define the chairs and set them apart.  The chandelier is Italian styled, with a candlestick base and wooden tassels –a style that is so popular today.  Curtains are sheer, see-through linen with simple tab tops.   The room is  soothing in its monochromatic color scheme and the buffet matches the color of the chair’s linen.    Of course – the seagrass acts as another, large expanse of the linen color.  An arched window styled mirror reflects the sparkle of the chandelier lights.    The walls throughout the downstairs are painted Martin Senour’s Linen Weave – the paint de rigueur for chic Houstonians. 

 

 

image

The Spanish styled table is simply furnished with wood candlesticks and a large French pottery bowl.  A trio of tiny evergreen trees continue the Christmas decorations.

 

 

 

image

Leading into the family room, two carved French panels flank the arched opening.   The stairs have painted white wooden banisters and handrails along with a seagrass runner.  The beautiful Belgian inspired brick floor begins in this section of the house.

 

 

imageEntering the stair hall, there is a large, walk in wet bar on the left, through which the dining room connects to the kitchen.  The countertops here are a gray concrete.  

 

 

image The Family Room.

Past the open stairwell, is the family room with a fireplace flanked by two built-ins.   A long sofa faces the arm chairs, and a wall of windows looks out onto the screened-in porch and backyard.   The kitchen and breakfast room are opposite the family room.   Painted in the white Linen Weave, a surprise dark gray paint shows up in the bookcases.  

 

 

image

Looking the other way, behind the sofa is the kitchen and breakfast room.   The stairs and the wet bar are to the left.   The tight back sofa, dressed in a gray Lee Jofa linen,  has contemporary lines and is simply tailored with a beautiful waterfall or dressmaker skirt.    Trimmed pillows with an accent skin continue the sedate, Belgian feel in the house.    A wood cricket table is mixed with a more industrial leaning coffee table.  Tara Shaw’s cachepot holds the just starting to bloom Christmas paperwhites. 

 

 

 

imageLooking towards the wall of windows -  you can see the beautifully tailored sofa with its slender arms from which the fabric gracefully falls unimpeded.    Perfect.

 

 

imageThe tight back English saddle arm chairs were recovered by Sally in an elegant eggplant colored linen with just the slightest of sheen.  Double ruffled skirts add a soft touch.  The ikat pillow fabric is contrasted against all the gray and linen shades. 

 

 

 

image The focal point of the family room is the fireplace flanked by two bookcases.   A large peeling paint trumeau shares mantel space with old books, some with covers, some without.   Simple jars hold greenery.

 

 

image Sally styled the deep gray painted shelves with a mixture of textures:   large spools of twine become decorative objects, caramel colored antique books match terracotta pots.   Shells and carved stones provide light pops of white. 

 

 

image In the right bookcase, Sally mixed more caramel colored books with antique apothecary jars.   Shells, pots and more books finish out the vignette.

 

 

image Heading from the family room into the kitchen and breakfast room – where the color gray becomes even more prominent.

 

 

image The Kitchen.

 

A small kitchen fire pushed the remodeling up – luckily the owners had been planning an update, now they had to finish it quickly.   Sally changed the Corian countertops to a mixture of gray concrete with Carrara marble on the island.   The slate backsplash was eliminated for just a small lip of concrete – all much more streamlined.    The cabinetry remained – it was just painted, while upper cabinets received glass insets in their doors.   Wicker stools were purchased for the bar area.    The gray on the cabinets is Martin Senour Owlet.   The deeper gray on the kitchen island and family room shelves is Martin Senour Baby Hippo.    Also, all the wood doors throughout are painted in the darker Baby Hippo too.

 

 

image

Looking towards the back wall of windows and the screened-in porch – you can see the breakfast room.  The gorgeous lanterns are from M. Naeve  (yes, I have the same ones too! – great minds think alike, no?)     The chairs are still to be changed out, Sally and the owner were quick to tell me – though I thought these looked just fine!   In this view of the kitchen, you can see the Carrara marble on the island here.   Also, all the hardware was replaced in the remodeling.     How pretty is this?!!!?

 

 

image A kitchen must:  casement windows, farm sink, and polished nickel faucet – perfection!

 

 

image 

Here you can see the Christmas decorated white painted deer head and Sally Wheat’s own driftwood cross that she creates.   To order one – email me – she makes all different kinds of driftwood art.  The curtains here and in the family room are the same as those in the dining room.  Olivine in Houston carries these, and Restoration Hardware has similar ones. 

 

 

image

Leaving the kitchen to go outside and see the screened-in porch – another rarity for a West University town sized lot.

 

 

image

Screened-In Porch.

The screened-in porch, also with brick flooring, allowed Sally to have some fun.  Sally is a conflicted interior designer – as we all are!  She is torn between quiet, monochromatic palettes and the bright pops of color with contemporary accents that the younger set is drawn to.  The porch gave her the opportunity to express her younger side – with the bright yellows and oranges.   The brown cushions were piped in bright white to tie in with all the pots and tables.  But it’s the lamp and rug that really set the vibe here.  

 

 

image

Are we in Houston?   Doesn’t this look like a European house? 

Heading back inside to go upstairs – notice the closet door painted dark gray.  While I like to paint interior doors black to give them more of a presence, the gray is softer alternative.     There’s one more Sally Wheat designed room to see today:  The Princess’ room.    While the master bedroom is still being finished – I think you’ll like their daughter’s bedroom just fine!

 

image

The Princess’ Room.

So precious!   With walls of pink, the focal point no doubt is the round, tufted raspberry velvet ottoman.   Perfect for a throne!   The bed is done in whites and light pink ruffles, while the headboard is all white and nail heads.  Pillows are Hable Construction.   Wall to wall seagrass covers the floor – notice the pattern:  the basketweave is a thicker and somewhat heavier seagrass than the traditional weave. 

 

 

imageThis charming gray painted screen with linen tied curtains came from The Fab Flea in Houston.    

 

 

imageA gray painted metal chandelier from Olivine hangs from the ceiling – while an antique Louis Philippe mirror sits atop the rattan chest.  

 

 

image I love the little angel santos above the bed! 

 

 

image But THIS is my favorite!!!!!   I absolutely love this!!!!!

 

 

 

image

 

I hope you have enjoyed the tour of The Brick House designed by Sally Wheat.   To see other work by Sally go HERE, HERE, and HERE.  Sally has an antique booth at Antiques and Interiors on Dunlavy HERE and is available for interior design projects.  Just email me and I”ll pass them on to Sally!  And Sally is working other projects that she is just finishing up – so hopefully I’ll be bringing those to you soon!   

112 comments :

  1. This is a really beautiful home. Quite serene and lots of interesting things to look at. Thanks for sharing Joni

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Joni, what a gorgeous house. I especially love the kitchen and will be saving a photo of two in my ideas folder as I am planning on using gray in our new kitchen.

    Merci beaucoup et a bientot,

    Leeann

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way the window treatments are the same throughout the house, and I love the gray used on the bookcases. It is a very calming home.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Joni,
    A beautiful, beautiful restful home. Absolutely love the brick floor. Loved everything about this home, so restful with just a few hints of drama. Thanks for taking the time to share this story with us. Much appreciated!
    Take Care
    Janine
    XXOO
    Tasmania, Australia

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is sooo lovely...I truly enjoyed this post....love that screen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. * Serenity~ that sense of calmness, security & relaxing peace ANNND comfort is what speaks to me about THIS entire home Joni, BESIDES the MOST CHARMING BEAUTY, of course!

    I was also pleasantly surprized to see, if I'm not mistaken, some of the delightful pieces I had seen before in/at Wisteria, Restoration Hardware, etc.!

    ... and while it is not totally "done" (per Ms Wheat & the homeowner), envisioning the end result is not difficult... what a winner of a home!!!

    I am a fan of MS SALLY WHEAT for sure, & I MUST admit I can't stop remembering how I so enjoyed "GHOST" and Patrick Swayze as "SAM" Wheat... (GOOOD name you have, Sally)!!!

    Thanks Joni, this was WORTH being up at 3:30 a.m. (because I can't sleep!)~~~~ FABULOUS, to-die-for home and as usual, wonderfully written!

    Hugs n' Happy Hanukkah wishes,
    Linda in AZ *
    bellesmom1234@comcast.net

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well, Joni, I can certianly see why her home is so popular with readers. It has an easygoing elegance and a lived-in charm.

    Leave it up to you to continue to bring us stylish spaces that allow us to drift into dreamland.

    As always, thank you. :-)

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is beautiful calm fabulous and different I love it. Can't wait to start renovating my family room in the new year ( been talking about it for a year) Great inspiration.
    Kind Regards
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  9. Joni, you never disappoint! Again, a fabulous post! Thank you so much!!!

    Hugs~

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thank you for sharing Sally Wheat's work. Here designs are so beautiful and serene. Some how I missed the earlier post on the beach house.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Kudos to Sally! Loving the brick floor and concrete counters. Thanks, Joni, for another spectacular post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Your posts are the reason that insomnia is enjoyable. I love the surprise of waking at 3am and having one of your posts waiting for me. This was fantastic and the quality and framing of your pictures are wonderful.
    Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can never get enough of Sally's homes! Her eye is so spot-on. Love the new home and can't wait to see the rest of it in all its glory. Lovely work!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, excited to check out her other projects as well! I love the chalky palette, gorgeous. Thanks for the introduction Joni.

    Best,
    Jaime

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sally is super talented!!! Love this house- thanks, Joni for taking us on a tour.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is a lovely home to me, love the colours, how they've decorated etc... just gorgeous

    ReplyDelete
  17. Well...that was fab!

    I feel like I had my morning bowl of Wheaties!

    hee...crack myself up.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I think I have finally found all the elements of my dream kitchen. What a beautiful combination of materials. Fantastic post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. So beautiful - that eggplant linen is going to be bouncing around in my head all day.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I learn so much from your posts and thoroughly enjoy them. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Joni,
    A wonderful post as always. Do you know who makes the sofa in the family room and what the name of the fabric is? I have been on the search for new sofa's and this one looks just perfect!
    Thank you for all the hard work you put into your post. They are always inspiring, informative and entertaining. I have learned so much from you. Have a wonderful holiday season.
    P.S. The other day when I was in Tara Shaw in NOLA we talked about your post about your 1st Tara Shaw tag sale. It was so funny (and just the way I felt the 1st time I went). They all loved it!!!
    Gina A

    ReplyDelete
  22. Absolutely beautiful. But I want to rant about the electrical outlet in the kitchen island. It drives me crazy to see so many beautiful kitchens that get this one detail wrong. I know, building codes, and, duh, you need to be able to plug things in. However there are more eye-pleasing solutions, such as plug mold or sillite outlets. Plug mold is invisible unless you are a three year old or a cat, and sillites are much less noticeable than a standard outlet. I am planning a kitchen reno, and I learned about these and other fiddly details I'd never think of until it was too late, just by randomly browsing the kitchens forum on gardenweb.

    Many, many thanks for your blog Joni. Your dissection and analysis has enabled me to finally understand why I like what I like.

    ReplyDelete
  23. oh Joni I think that was without a doubt the nicest house you have shown us so far, and with just a hint of christmas...I will be looking at that post over and over again in the future for inspiration. Thank you
    Regards, Carol Ann

    ReplyDelete
  24. There are so many things I like about Sally. In this post I love the eggplant chairs, the driftwood cross and the full, pink bed ruffle. So lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  25. So beautiful and so Sally! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Dr. Webb: Thanks for the lesson today. AS always,you never fail to disappoint and I am never late to your class. YOu are my fav!The best!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Such a clean, understated palette. I especially adore the brick floors, eggplant linen, velvet poof and the dining room. --Delores

    ReplyDelete
  28. It's very well done, a bit neutral for my personal taste, but I really appreciate all of the attention to detail and the finishes. That ottoman in the princess room is just perfection though!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hi Dear Joni! Oh, what a lovely home. All of the neutralness is so calming! I love love that kitchen! Thank you for always showing us these gorgeous homes and making me just a bit jealous! LOL
    Now I'm going to get this right this year: Happy Hanukkah! :)
    Be a sweetie,
    Shelia ;)

    ReplyDelete
  30. I love all of the neutrals. And brick floors!! Wow - kind of makes me want to replace some of our hardwoods..

    ReplyDelete
  31. I LOVE the soft colors. What a beautiful home. Thank you so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Joni, I love that little girl's room! It's so soft and pretty and not overdone. Do you know the wall color by chance? It's not too in-your-face pink!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Gorgeous!!! i love the grays.

    ReplyDelete
  34. Joni,

    So inspiring - you and this home! Yes, do tell us about the maker of the sofa - it is gorgeous! My favorite piece in the house!

    Have a wonderful day!

    Angee in Btown

    ReplyDelete
  35. Oh, Joni, I just love this one! I have young boys (two under three) and we are very much in the "wipable" phase of our lives. This kind of home appeals to me so much-- so chic, yet so livable. Any chance you can source the dining room, breakfast room and entry chandeliers? And the kitchen faucet-- perfection!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Better than a magazine. My favorite is the family room. Love the eggplant linen and the gray bookcases. The names of the paint - owlet and baby hippo - too cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Any chance the lovely Sally and her client might divulge the color of the interior doors? I'm in love, to the moon, with this house! Fondly!!! Amanda

    ReplyDelete
  38. What a gorgeous house, I am particularly fond of the kitchen, it reminds me of one I had.
    Colors around the house are very refined and elegant, they remind me of one of my favorite Italian painters: Giorgio Morandi.
    Joni I can see you have a comment (anonymous) with squares...I keep receiving the same (and rejecting)without text, only squares, can someone tell me what it is about?

    ReplyDelete
  39. You are right Joni, a truly European-looking home - that brick floor is just divine!! thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  40. Joni:

    I just love your blog and especially the house tours. I am so inspired by them! I have been looking for the perfect gray to use on my walls and trim for months. Could you find out for me what color gray Sally used on the bookcases and trim in this home? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  41. The RCJ candle on the sidebar is from Walgreens. You can buy them for $8 here: http://www.walgreens.com/store/catalog/Candles-and-Fragrance/Jar-Candle/ID=prod4178985&navCount=0&navAction=push-product
    Don't pay an outrageous amount to buy a candle from someone who only sees you as a check book.

    ReplyDelete
  42. Love the white banisters! The house is very pretty and calm!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  43. Just wondering where in the world she got that gorgeous clear demijohn table lamp with the burlap shade? Can you let me know!!

    ReplyDelete
  44. So Beautiful!
    Sally - great job!
    Joni - thank you for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  45. Joni, I did not think it was possible to love a house as much as Sally's house but I love this one. What a great article. Btw I will be emailing you soon about a house in River Oaks to stalk. We saw it the other night while looking at Christmas lights, it is French perfection!!!! You must go by at night for the view inside all lit up, I have to drive back down for the address.

    ReplyDelete
  46. Martin Seynour has reworked their paint line. I have used the Baby Hippo and Owlet before( and they still carry those) but I don't see the Linen Weave in their line. Did I miss it or did they rename it?
    Thanks
    Cece

    ReplyDelete
  47. The gray on the cabinets is Martin Senour Owlet. The deeper gray on the kitchen island and family room shelves is Martin Senour Baby Hippo. Also, all the wood doors throughout are painted in the darker Baby Hippo too.


    not sure about the linen weave.
    that should still be available? i'll check!

    ReplyDelete
  48. There are so many things I like about they way this home is decorated! Just beautiful. I sent you an email Joni regarding the Linen Weave paint color--similar comment/question to the one above.

    ReplyDelete
  49. Sedate and serene in tone as well as function. The dining room was very pretty but also very stark. It somewhat reminds me of my youth when most of us could not afford very much in our homes at that time. (Of course, this isn't the case now ... just individuals preferring less clutter and fuss.) The home displays wonderfully; however, I would miss many of my trinkets living in such a paired down environment. It's quite hilarious that the first 52 years of life was living with white, linen, pale beige and cream colored walls. Finally, after edging over into some color ... now everything is going back to what we lived with all those years. Hmmmm ... not quite ready to return to that color pallet.

    ReplyDelete
  50. Gorgeous home- love the mix of the gray in there. Great editing done in the home too, which I think is one of my biggest challenges. Look forward to seeing some more! Oh- and the boxwood wreaths- they were my favorite somehow!

    ReplyDelete
  51. Very nice post... and the house is just wonderful!

    Do you happen to know what the source for the brick flooring is? I wonder if it is reclaimed.

    ReplyDelete
  52. hi= Hien Lam made the sofa - she is located in Houston and has a web site

    www.hienlamupholstery.com

    tell her I sent you!!!!! :)
    she is really nice and has GREAT prices too.

    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  53. sigh, what a fabulous home. Love the colors. Love the textures. Love pretty much everything about it. I adore the linen duvet cover with the ruffle, we have these and love them {so much I sell them at FrenchGardenHouse.com} they are divine to sleep under! Joni, the seagrass carpeting, you were so right, to. die. for. I wish I would have gotten it 30 years ago. my bad.
    Lidy

    ReplyDelete
  54. Really just more of the same. Guess you have to love this sedate almost depressing look. I am not ready to give up color.......

    ReplyDelete
  55. Oh what a beautiful home, that was a fun tour. Definitely could see this in a magazine. Thanks,Joni!

    ReplyDelete
  56. ok - Sally said Linen Weave WAS discontinued! hmmm - not sure what to recommend to replace it, but I'm sure they will know. they can probaby remake the formula too.

    ReplyDelete
  57. your posts are brilliant! incredible home! any idea what fabric she used to make the pillows on the cool eggplant/grey chairs? love those pillows!

    ReplyDelete
  58. The red brick floor is hideous as well as the acres of seagrass which must make the house smell like a swamp. Nothing special to see here.

    ReplyDelete
  59. Hi Joni!! Great post!! What is paint color on the walls of the Princess room? Lovely! Thanks!

    -Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  60. Gorgeous. What more can I say?
    I love every room. The beautifully serene neutral color palette. All of those stunning mirrors.
    Thank you for the tour Joni!

    xo
    Brooke

    ReplyDelete
  61. Beautiful!
    I would like to know how I can contact the designer about her driftwood cross pieces

    ReplyDelete
  62. I love this house and decor. Simply gorgeous! Thanks for the tour.

    xo,
    cristin

    ReplyDelete
  63. to the anon who want info on the driftwood crosses -
    email me at
    mrballbox329@aol.com

    i talked to sally about them - but she is out of driftwood currently - not sure if she is taking preorders - but i can ask her.

    ReplyDelete
  64. This is SUCH a beautiful house!! WOW!

    Thank you for sharing, Joni!!!

    ReplyDelete
  65. Joni,
    You out did yourself on this post..

    BEAUTIFUL

    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  66. Can I please please please find out the name of the paint color of the cabinets?

    ReplyDelete
  67. gorgeous... of course. i expected nothing less out of miss sally wheat!

    ReplyDelete
  68. Amazing attention to detail! Any chance of finding out the PINK paint color in the bedroom?? LOVE your blog! Thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  69. The kitchen table does not look antique. Do you know what line it comes from?

    I am still on the hunt for a kitchen table. House is perfection. Just came back from my morning walk in West U; I know I've seen this house somewhere! LOVE the brick floors.

    ReplyDelete
  70. Seriously gorgeous home! My favorite -- the ball of twine on the bookshelves! And many thanks for the photos of the bookshelves -- always great to have more ideas!

    LOVE the paint color! Drat. I wish I knew the equivalent color in the BM line!

    Jan at Rosemary Cottage

    ReplyDelete
  71. This gets even more curious...the Martin Senour customer service rep just got back to me and said that Martin Senour has never had a color called Linen Weave....she said she has had the same question about the same color before.
    Ok, I don't even know if I would want to use that particular color but because I can't find it, I'm obsessed with it, anybody else do that?
    cece

    ReplyDelete
  72. Just let me pick my jaw up off the floor.....o.k...wow!!! Love it all,that kitchen is to die for,so glad I came by!All the best,Chrissy

    ReplyDelete
  73. OK - Here is the deal on the Linen Weave.

    Murphy Brothers in Houston has the old formula and they continue to make it. If you live in Houston, go to murphy Brothers. If not - maybe call them to get the formula.

    Hope this helps!!!!
    Joni

    ReplyDelete
  74. The grey is so drab,sad and uninspiring. I don't think that I could be there a month without wanting to harm myself-no doubt I would need to stay on my anti depressants.

    ReplyDelete
  75. I love the look of the brick floors but I just can't imagine coming down to breakfast in bare feet. What would they feel like?

    ReplyDelete
  76. Love it all. I wonder what that pink color is too. Pinks are so difficult. We had brick floors in Va and I loved them. I love seeing all of these houses that are right under my nose. I would like to invite you over one day Joni ...we live so close. My house is not photo worthy but I think we would have a good visit:)

    ReplyDelete
  77. What a beautiful, beautiful home. I love the painted out bookcases and doors, and the eggplant linen. Great post to read before heading off to bed!

    ReplyDelete
  78. Joni, I'm loving those bluish gray bookcases. I would never have thought of that color, but it is so perfect in that room. Oh what a kitchen! You always inspire. Thank you Joni. laurie

    ReplyDelete
  79. Thanks for the tour. What a beautiful home. This is the second blog I've seen today showing gray bookcases...I love the look...fresh, new.

    ReplyDelete
  80. thanks for posting this home! I love it. I am especially obsessed with brick floors!

    ReplyDelete
  81. Joni, just wanted to give you a "heads-up" that there is a very nice article about Kelly Wearstler in the January 2010 issue of Town & Country. Also, one on a personal favorite of mine, Ina Garten! Enjoy! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  82. Love the brick floor-I wonder though how she keeps it clean-sweep and mop?

    ReplyDelete
  83. one day i want to have her EXACT kitchen! It's true perfection as is her entire house.

    ps. awhile ago i asked your opinion on which lanterns i should go with for my kitchen and you kindly commented me back and said you liked the turquoise ones. well i went with the ones you chose and have gotten endless comments about them!!! thank you soooo much!!

    ReplyDelete
  84. Sally did a beautiful job...my grandmother's house has the original brick floors in one of the room downstairs (built in the late 1920's) and they are beautful, practical, and easy on bare feet. Also, Anonymous,there is no such thing as too much seagrass! I love the way it smells, and it is easier to keep clean than it seems.The eggplant linen is inspired-love it, Sally.

    ReplyDelete
  85. Perfection! I understand why your "Stalking the Wheats" are such popular posts. I LOVE the color scheme and have saved the images in my inspiration folder. The living room and kitchen do me in!

    ReplyDelete
  86. Linen Weave Formula from Murphy Brothers, Thank you Joni!!
    cece

    GALLON FORMULA = WHITE BASE + RAW UMBER = 16/32 AND YELLOW OXIDE = 8/32 THIS
    WILL TRANSFER IN MARTIN SENOUR PAINT OR SHERWIN WILLIAMS SYSTEMS. GOOD LUCK!

    -----Original Message-----
    From: edjr@murphybros.net [mailto:edjr@murphybros.net]
    Sent: Tuesday, December 15, 2009 7:17 PM
    To: mbbiss@murphybros.net
    Subject: Fw: Linen Weave

    ReplyDelete
  87. I love the pink girls room. Any clue what the pink paint color might be??

    ReplyDelete
  88. mom, this weirdly looks like our house.... i'm weirded out... like little details, little objects that we've had for years... it's strange
    this is a pretty house btw... not just because it reminds me of home. but it's nicely put together.

    it's beautifly photographed.
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  89. This is French meets Belgium redux perfection!!!
    Makes me cry, so pretty!
    That brick floor, OMG!
    I mean, everything!
    Darling, I do not know how you do it, I never find those incredible people, homes ad images....
    Well, I am glad you do!!!
    Hope your holidays are running smoothly! Easy on the Latkes...
    Just kidding!

    XX
    Victoria

    ReplyDelete
  90. Joni
    You never dissapoint. I haven't been keeping up with all my blogs in this holiday season but I always find time to read yours. Do you have any idea where the nail studded chest came from in the living room. I purchased a similar one for a project years ago. It has such a universal appeal to it. Thank you so much for giving us inspiration and a smile while we have our morning coffee.

    ReplyDelete
  91. oh my gosh she is just AMAZING!!!! Everything she touches!!! Freah & Belgian & I love the little bits of ruffles & femininity throughout!!! her styling on the bookshelves is just perfection too!!!

    what a gorgeous home & those floors are so beautiful!!!! can't wait to see more!!!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  92. This house is amazing!!! I just LOVE the brick floors in the kitchen, they are totally unexpected and beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  93. Welcome to the Buy French Pottery Store!
    Shop our exclusive collection of handcrafted items. Our popular garlic grater plate comes in 4 unique designs. Our catalog features handmade items from France as well as other regions of the world.
    french pottery

    ReplyDelete
  94. Welcome to the Buy French Pottery Store!
    Shop our exclusive collection of handcrafted items. Our popular garlic grater plate comes in 4 unique designs. Our catalog features handmade items from France as well as other regions of the world.
    coffee mugs

    ReplyDelete
  95. So beautiful!
    I love the blue/green glass jars on the mantel. Joni, where can I find these?

    ReplyDelete
  96. Damn, truly great post. Where can I find that subscription?

    Kate Trider
    electronic bug detection

    ReplyDelete
  97. Love Sally Wheat's brick house and beach house. Concrete counter tops by Gunnells Concrete Dsigns INC. 281-326-0070

    ReplyDelete
  98. Help! My husband and I were inspired by Sally's personal kitchen and he found this kitchen in the process. He has fallen in love with the white deer head and I can't find anything that size online. Can I get more information on the white deer head in the kitchen?
    Thanks in advance!

    ReplyDelete
  99. I really liked the brick floor, but am questioning if it is real or not? How is it the same level as the wood flooring that it is next to? Did the build up the wood floor area? If so, that would be extremely expensive. Please let me know if the brick is real or not. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  100. louis vuitton uk are diversified in various kinds, handbags, backpacks, portable bags, purses, wallets and pouches. All kinds are popular among the whole word people.louis vuitton Store Online Handbags can also bring great accuracy as well as practical applicability and fashionable.Have you ever dreamed of being as charming as Madonna? Have you ever thought of becoming an envy of all your friends? If so, come to louis vuitton outlet.

    ReplyDelete
  101. There certainly are a amount of methods to acquire affordable coach products at coach factory outlet,it could possibly the most effective options.the most vital cause may be the reality that you simply can purchase genuine coach products at there.It is believed that you will like the products on the coach factory online. There are spacious sizes and different colors, styles and so on.in the market you definitely can find various colorways that are designed in as well as the high quality that applied in. For most of you would like to come. So just come to our coach factory outlet online store to choose one.

    ReplyDelete
  102. coach outlet has always been simple,durable style features to win consumers.The products are more flexible,with easy bleaching,wear characteristics,and simply use a damp cloth.Where there are women, there are bags. Where there are bags, there are coach outlet store online. Coach products are the direction indicator of the latest fashion and trend.At the coach outlet online you have the largest selection of the day. If you touch the item and like it, keep it in your possession until you make your final decision.

    ReplyDelete
  103. What is the color used for the gray bookshelves/built-ins?

    ReplyDelete
  104. Nice post and New Home Builders Sydney Specializes in all types of Builder services including Architectural Homes, Bathroom Renovations, Custom Design Building and Eco Friendly Building.

    ReplyDelete
  105. I really liked the brick floor, but am questioning if it is real or not? How is it the same level as the wood flooring that it is next to? Did the build up the wood floor area? If so, that would be extremely expensive. Please let me know if the brick is real or not. Thanks. best air purifier

    ReplyDelete
  106. Cuanta belleza y buen gusto para recrear la vista!!
    Felicitaciones!

    ReplyDelete
  107. Does anyone know what colors were used on the exterior of the house? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  108. The information you have posted is very useful. The sites you have referred was good. Thanks for sharing...
    Vintage Chandeliers

    ReplyDelete