COTE DE TEXAS: Stalking Houston Real Estate

Stalking Houston Real Estate


Whenever I'm bored (well, before I discovered design blogs) I search the MSL for Houston homes. I always start with the most exclusive neighborhoods: River Oaks, Memorial Villages, West University, or Tanglewood. It is so fascinating to me to take a glimpse inside a stranger's house. Mostly, though, I am searching for interiors that speak to me.





The biggest "find" is to see a house decorated by a designer whose work I recognize. If the designer is locally well known, they will be mentioned by name. A successful search yields an interior by Carol Glasser, Babs Watkins, Ginger Barber, or Pam Pierce, to name a few of my personal favorites. I've even spotted a few of their personal homes on the web site. Some of the houses for sale have been featured in national design magazines and finding one of these is a special high for me. I save the pictures of the homes that attract me. Here are a few of my favorites pictures from this year. Looking at the ones I picked, I realized - gee I LOVE seagrass!

4 comments :

  1. Ok - so now you have me thinking about seagrass rugs, well - a rug for the guest room. What do you think about Turkish Kilim Rugs layered atop seagrass or jute?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dining room in the center of this post, the one with the patterned wall paper, is truly one of the most stunning rooms I have ever seen. And with regards to the very last picture...why DO realtors use such bad photography?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Debbi - that house was actually in Southern Accents a few years ago. so funny how i never got any comments in the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete